fix for Synaptics TouchPad Enhancements has stopped working

All replies

• user="Miss Leah"]

Problem event name: appcrash

app name: syntpenh.exe

There is not enough information in your post to determine what is happening?

The TouchPad and software driver on the laptop is supported by the manufacturer of the laptop. I suggest you contact them for help.

If this post helps to resolve your issue, click the Mark as Answer or Helpful button at the top of this message.
    By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.

Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP
    Windows Desktop Experience
    Wednesday, September 03, 2008 10:13 PM
  • I have the same problem !  (This is a Toshiba Satellite L350-235).  The Touchpad continues to work ok.  Device Manager also reports working OK w/ no conflicts.  It states is it plugged into PS2 mouse port, driver version is 06/12/2007.  Arrgghhh Vista ... I wonder what Windows7 will make of this

[I also get the annoying msg that Internet Explorer has stopped working when I close it.  I have removed the various plug-ins that were set as default and the problem seems less frequent but still there.]
    Saturday, October 31, 2009 9:49 AM
  • I also have the same problem with my Toshiba. What brings it about?
    Wednesday, December 09, 2009 9:42 AM
  • I also have the same exact problem Someone plz answer ASAP!
    Thursday, January 07, 2010 10:20 PM
  • Download and install the latest drivers for your touchpad from your laptop manufacturer (recommended) or directly from Synaptics.
    • Edited by Emkay1001 Friday, January 08, 2010 5:44 PM Changed link
    Friday, January 08, 2010 5:43 PM
  • Not sure if this is the same problem but the Synaptics Mousepad plugged into PS/2 Port on my laptop suddenly stopped working on my Acer Aspire laptop. Device Manager said it was working ok and the driver was up to date. When I searched support on the Synaptics website it said I shouldn't be using a generic driver as the driver was manufacturer specific. When I searched the Acer website it said there can be a button on the laptop which disables the moursepad and sure enough when I found that it was lit and when I pressed it my mouepad started working again!
    Saturday, September 10, 2011 5:29 PM
  • Go to C:/Program Files/Synaptics/SynTP

and click on the file called syntpenh.exe

and it should work again

Monday, September 19, 2011 8:58 AM
  • 先在控制面板中选择卸载,然后重新安装
    Friday, October 14, 2011 1:56 AM