none
USB Code 43 Port_#0001.Hub_#0004 Unknown Device

Question

• Same problem. Checked Lenovo's website, upgraded bios and chipset, unplugged, left battery out all night, uninstalled/reinstalled.  I even took it up to Best Buy and the wunderkinds up there couldn't even figure it out. I noticed in a post that it could be bad DRAM, I am going to reinstall the factory memory, and see if that works.
    Monday, January 16, 2012 5:34 PM

All replies

• Factory DRAM didn't work, except on the reboot, the unrecognized device disappeared. The USB will not work, even though my IPOD is being charged. I tried a USB hub at Best Buy, but it would not read that either. I don't know if this is a certificate issue or the failure of Microsoft to create a quality product. Apple dual boot is looking more and more attractive.
    Tuesday, January 17, 2012 4:37 PM
  • Sorry, I should have been more specific. I am charging the Ipod directly from my computer.  it will charge, but windows will not load the drivers or read the port.
    Friday, January 20, 2012 2:34 PM
  • Hi,

Also, see the following possible solutions.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itprohardware/thread/2b069948-82e9-49ef-bbb7-e44ec7bfebdb/

Juke Chou

TechNet Community Support

Sunday, January 22, 2012 2:16 PM
  • When I used to have usb problems the best thing to do is disconnect everything on your usb. Then go into device manager and delete all the usbs in the hardware part and reboot computer. 

If that doesn't work try to find the unknown device try and find PCI and VNC number and research it online. That helped me alot in this one problem I previously had where I thought it was usb but it was actually my wifi device.

-Rafael
    Sunday, January 22, 2012 11:16 PM
  • No luck with reg edit as there is no "Upperfiltered" or "Lowerfiltered" in the key.
    Friday, January 27, 2012 4:57 PM
  • Also, I have reinstalled Windows 7, with no luck. Please note, I have uninstalled/reinstalled the Intel Series 5/3400 USB host controller with no luck. I have just recently updated the NIC and wireless drivers, but still have the same problem.
    Friday, January 27, 2012 5:01 PM
  • Year old, and off warranty
    Friday, January 27, 2012 9:06 PM
  • Did that, no luck
    Saturday, January 28, 2012 3:13 AM
  • no its the fingerprint reader port...  install ur fingerprint drivers...  i did it myself today..

• Proposed as answer by roboghrunt Monday, August 13, 2012 9:52 PM
    • Edited by roboghrunt Monday, August 13, 2012 9:52 PM
    Monday, August 13, 2012 9:50 PM
  • thanx

Friday, August 23, 2013 8:42 PM