none
UMB/UMBUS Unknown Device

Question

• Hello,

I have an HP Elitebook 8440p with an unknown device in device manager.

Device Type: Other
    Manufacturer: Unknown
    Error: The driver for this device is not installed.
    Hardware ID:UMB\UMBus

This appears to have occured after installing the HP Connection Manager software.  I have uninstalled the software but cannot find the drivers to reinstall this device.
    I have reinstalled Chipset (V9.1.1.1020(the version on the HP website & v9.1.1.1027), Broadband module driver (both Erricson and Gobi versions from HP website) but still no luck.

Tuesday, December 14, 2010 1:23 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for the  post!

The UMBus Root Bus Enumerator is also known as User Mode Root Bus enumerator. It enumerates devices on the various user-mode buses.

Open your Device Manager, under the System devices, right-click UMBus Root Bus Enumerator, select Update Driver Software.

Then reboot to check if the issue persists.

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Wednesday, December 15, 2010 2:36 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for the  post!

The UMBus Root Bus Enumerator is also known as User Mode Root Bus enumerator. It enumerates devices on the various user-mode buses.

Open your Device Manager, under the System devices, right-click UMBus Root Bus Enumerator, select Update Driver Software.

Then reboot to check if the issue persists.

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Wednesday, December 15, 2010 2:36 AM
  • same as with me

umbus root bus enumerator unknown devic

Not able to print with hp printer when spoke to hpsupport who took remote  he said there something wrong with computerHP Photosmart Wireless e-All-in-One Printer -HP Photosmart Wireless e-All-in-One Printer - B110a
    Serial Number: CN15D4HDSH
    Product Number: CN245A
    i am right now connecting by usb cord of printer, when checked in 'devmgmt.msc it  gives unknown devices under portable devices  and when i checked properties' it says i installed chipset driver but didnt work. tried finding the drivers for usb root hub it suprisingly in drivers it dont show any USB drivers.
    umbus root bus enumerator unknown device"tell me how would i fix this unkown device issue

Saturday, July 20, 2013 5:15 PM