none
W7 activation

Question

• I have preordered W7. In the mean time my beta keeps shutting down. Is there a way to avoid this until 22 October?

Thanks in advance
    Sunday, October 04, 2009 11:14 AM

Answers

• Hi, No not with the beta only the W7 RC version will be ok till June 2010, Slan go foill, Paul
    Sunday, October 04, 2009 2:18 PM
  • Hi SRaff,

artiste1 is right. Only Windows 7 RC will be available till June 2010, currently Microsoft doesn't support Windows 7 Beta. If you have already owned a Windows 7 RC disc, you can upgrade Windows 7 Beta to Windows 7 RC. However, Windows 7 RC download isn't available since July 2009. For more information, please refer to the following website:

FAQ: Windows 7

Best Regards
    Dale
    Tuesday, October 06, 2009 7:17 AM

All replies

• I installed Windows 7 with a ligitimate key and went to activation and all went well..... Sometime later it wanted to revalidate and said I had a bogus key. When i checked it..sure enough..what was listed on my pc was different from what I had actually used and where it asks to change it...it would not let me.  So I reformatted a new harddrive and installed Windows 7 on it and again used the same key... It validated and is working. The problem I have is the start up......30 minutes to start up.  I let it run it's own start up repair and also the start up disk I made.  But it keeps taking 30 minutes or so to start. I am running a 1800 amd dual core processor with 1.5 gig of ram....120 gig hhd. OH..And before I had any issues with the first install...the boot up time was only about 2 minutes or less.   any ideas? New harddrive is empty of any programs besides the OS and bare minimum startup items listed in the msconfig start up listing.I have not made any alterations to the set up or install of windows 7.
    Sunday, October 04, 2009 1:48 PM
  • Hi, No not with the beta only the W7 RC version will be ok till June 2010, Slan go foill, Paul
    Sunday, October 04, 2009 2:18 PM
  • Hi SRaff,

artiste1 is right. Only Windows 7 RC will be available till June 2010, currently Microsoft doesn't support Windows 7 Beta. If you have already owned a Windows 7 RC disc, you can upgrade Windows 7 Beta to Windows 7 RC. However, Windows 7 RC download isn't available since July 2009. For more information, please refer to the following website:

FAQ: Windows 7

Best Regards
    Dale
    Tuesday, October 06, 2009 7:17 AM
  • Hi RANDYMAN65,

It seems that your issue is different from the original post. I recommend you to create a new thread so that we can help you to resolve your problem efficiently without getting confused. Generally speaking, we focus only one question per thread. This can help community users to find and get resolution faster. Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

Best Regards
    Dale
    Tuesday, October 06, 2009 7:20 AM