none
How Can I Remove Password Protection From my PDF File?

Question

• Hello,

I have a PDF file that is protected by a password. I tried almost all free online tools to unlock the password but they don't work. I know the password but online tools are showing the error: The uploaded file does not seem to be a valid PDF file.

Please let me know if there is any online tool or any software that can remove the password so I can share the file with others

Thanks
    Steven
    Tuesday, October 21, 2014 11:34 AM

Answers

• I know the password but online tools are showing the error: The uploaded file does not seem to be a valid PDF file.

Perhaps the file is not a .pdf file after all.

Anyway, .pdf files are generated by Adobe Acrobat, not by Windows. Checking the FAQs at the Adobe site is probably the best way to solve your problem. I would also run this test: Create my own .pdf file, apply a password, then remove the password.

Tuesday, October 21, 2014 11:57 AM

All replies

• I know the password but online tools are showing the error: The uploaded file does not seem to be a valid PDF file.

Perhaps the file is not a .pdf file after all.

Anyway, .pdf files are generated by Adobe Acrobat, not by Windows. Checking the FAQs at the Adobe site is probably the best way to solve your problem. I would also run this test: Create my own .pdf file, apply a password, then remove the password.

Tuesday, October 21, 2014 11:57 AM
  • Hi,

Online tools support if a file is protected by owner level password, but might be your file is protected by a user level password. For this you may need a software that can remove the password from your PDF file. I used  PDFWARE PDF Unlocker software when I needed to unlock my restricted PDF Files.

Thanks
    Kelvin Howard

Tuesday, October 21, 2014 12:36 PM
  • Here is another way for that, Remove Password and Restrictions from Protected PDF files
    http://t.co/iaIx5ORgWH
    Monday, March 16, 2015 7:11 AM
  • Here is the perfect solution to remove password protection from PDF documents without loss of important data.

https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/Remove-PDF-Lock-Online-bfe87946 

Thursday, December 08, 2016 11:23 AM