none
restrictions RRS feed

• Question

• In RUN by typing gpedit.msc i go to user administrative template and then system  , in which i go in run only specific windows and then i enabled it . Now there is restriction in all things . What i do to remove it ????
    • Edited by pk3619660 Thursday, June 20, 2019 11:23 AM
    Thursday, June 20, 2019 11:22 AM

All replies

• Hello,

What is the restriction you're facing? Are you unable to open Group Policy Editor or navigate to that policy? Provide more details.

Regards.

Microsoft MVP (Windows and Devices for IT)

Windows Insider MVP

Windows Help & Support [www.kapilarya.com]

Thursday, June 20, 2019 11:26 AM
  • I am unable to open the group policy editor. Their is a restriction in all systems.
    Thursday, June 20, 2019 11:39 AM
  • I am unable to open the group policy editor. 

What is the message you received while doing so?

Regards.

Windows Insider MVP

Thursday, June 20, 2019 11:46 AM
  • The message is -This operation has been cancelled due to restriction in effect on this computer . Please contact your system administrator. And i am unable to contact that.
    Thursday, June 20, 2019 11:51 AM
  • Okay, try to reset Group Policy Editor and see if it helps:

https://www.kapilarya.com/reset-local-group-policy-editor-in-windows-10

Hope this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP. 

Windows Insider MVP

Thursday, June 20, 2019 3:31 PM
  • After you enable run only specific windows applications, user can only run programs that you add to the list. If you don’t add group policy editor into list, you cannot access to it.

However, this setting only prevents users from running programs that are started by the Windows Explorer process. It does not prevent users from running programs such as Task Manager, which are started by the system process or by other processes. You may try to start gpedit.msc from task manger or CMD, then cancel your policy configurations.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, June 21, 2019 6:49 AM