none
Wireless before Login RRS feed

• Question

• I have seen somethings related to this - but never a true fix..   I have windows 7 machines that have a piece of software for remote management installed on them.   All of these computers connect via wireless - with a saved profile - so when a user logs in - it automatically connects..   The issue is, if no one is logged into the machine - the wireless (hardware is turned on) - is not connected..   I cannot seem to find anywhere - how to have the wireless connect pre-login (domain or locally)..  Has anyone had any luck with this?   I have to imagine this is possible.  My XP machines do not have this issue...
    Wednesday, November 23, 2011 5:12 PM

Answers

• Fixed this finally!   The network availability was set to me only - I delete the profile and made it "all users" and now it is connected to the network at the login screen..   Might fix some of those domain login issues I see people having...

Wednesday, November 23, 2011 5:47 PM

All replies

• Fixed this finally!   The network availability was set to me only - I delete the profile and made it "all users" and now it is connected to the network at the login screen..   Might fix some of those domain login issues I see people having...

Wednesday, November 23, 2011 5:47 PM
  • Could you please share the steps you took to delete the wireless profile and create a new one?  I have VPN users who need to be able to have a wireless network available for start before login to work.  Thanks for your help.
    Monday, March 26, 2012 6:00 PM
  • Feel free to check out this delete wireless network profile article to delete the profile, after that create a new one manually or by connecting PC to wireless network. 

Hope this helps.

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 2:44 PM
  • I was beating my head against the wall on this one. Thanks
    Tuesday, November 5, 2013 12:57 PM
  • @Dawooddoe

These instructions worked on Windows 7 Pro Dell Latitude E5450 laptop.

Had to delete and readd the profile (while WiFi adapter was disabled)

• Edited by A J 007 Wednesday, April 5, 2017 12:42 AM
    Wednesday, April 5, 2017 12:42 AM