none
RealPlayer 10 cannot be installed

Question

• I am having problem to install the RealPlayer 10 on my 64bits Vista B2.

Is there anyone know how can I install the RealPlayer on my Vista?

QuickTime and iTurn is OK and running fine. Only the iTurn cannot fine the program icon right after the installation. After I find the icon for the iTurn and I don't see any problem so far for QuickTime and iTurn.

WMP 11, and Windows Media Center having problem to display the characters which is not english and number. I try to change the language setting but it still not work.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006 8:21 PM

All replies

• Hi,
    I have Vista and I just installed RealPlayer v10.5 but it installed and now runs on my machine.
    The only thing I noticed so far is that I have to open music files from RealPlayer to play, cannot be done by double-clicking the file or right click and then open.

What kind of installation problem do you have specifically?
    Have you tried downloading the exe file again?  It took me 3 times to download a executable exe file. I went to real.com and followed the links to free basic player. Then I clicked "if you have trouble, please click here to re-download." I heard that if you have problems after installation, uninstall and then re-install is a good idea. Just some ideas.

Wish you luck!
    Saturday, February 17, 2007 7:06 PM
  • I had nothing but trouble with my new Sony laptop after I installed Realplayer 10 and then when I uninstalled it everything was fine.  Then I found this : RealPlayer is NOT compatible with Windows Vista Operating System
    February 6, 2007

With the recent release of the new operating system Windows Vista, it has come to the attention of UD Help Desk staff that the current version of RealPlayer (10.5) for Windows is NOT compatible with Windows Vista. RealNetworks indicates that they are working on a new version that will be released soon to address these compatibility issues.

Has Microsoft said anything about this ????  For the moment I am not going to reinstall it until I think it is sorted out.

Sunday, March 11, 2007 7:52 AM