none
What has happened to speech recognition in windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• okay, so i've upgraded vista home to win 7 home but what has happened to speech recognition. It still works but all the screen to improve it have disappeared.

Monday, November 2, 2009 11:17 AM

Answers

• Hi,
    Have you tried, Start>Help and Support> type speech recognition and reviewed those, like set up microphone, etc. It's also in Start>Control Panel>Ease of Access area.

Is it the voice training that you want to do? The start speech recognition from the Ease of access section performs the setup and voice training.

Did that help?
    Monday, November 2, 2009 11:27 AM

All replies

• Hi,
    Have you tried, Start>Help and Support> type speech recognition and reviewed those, like set up microphone, etc. It's also in Start>Control Panel>Ease of Access area.

Is it the voice training that you want to do? The start speech recognition from the Ease of access section performs the setup and voice training.

Did that help?
    Monday, November 2, 2009 11:27 AM
  • In a word yes. Since I upgraded to Windows 7 every time I try to access the Windows speech recognition program I get the message ...Windows speech recognition is not available for the current display language... which is UK English the same as it was in Vista.
    Other than that it appears to be working as I use it in word. However I think that it has not installed properly. Is there any way to repair the installation so that it works fully? I've upgraded he macros and tried repairing it in control panel etc but without success.
    Monday, November 2, 2009 4:43 PM
  • Jedgart,
    So, it is the speech recognition in Word XXXX, or OfficeXXXX, correct? Which version are you using? Have you updated the Word or Office application with the latest updates or Service pack?

Click Start>Help and Support>type "change language support". The results will show some items to configure the locale settings and the language bar settings. Perhaps that will help.

If it is an office app, go to office online, and search the same term there.
    Monday, November 2, 2009 8:28 PM