none
WUDO - Windows Update Delivery Optimization. So, How it works ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Guys,

I would like to know how works WUDO on Windows 10 Pro, is a technical document exists ?

Thanks by advance.

Best regards,

Greg Dup

Wednesday, October 14, 2015 1:33 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

You can check this page to understand how this works:

Windows Update Delivery Optimization: FAQ

In addition, Delivery Optimization uses the same security measures that Windows Update and the Windows Store use and that each file and each part of a file is validated for authenticity before it is allowed to install.

regards,

signatureforums

Wednesday, October 14, 2015 1:57 PM
  • Thanks

I know that page, but, for example:

Where is the cache in hard drive ?

How works discovery or broadcast PC for part of update ?

Best regards,

Greg Dup

Wednesday, October 14, 2015 2:06 PM
  • Microsoft will publish a KB page in few weeks. Stay tuned!

signatureforums

Wednesday, October 14, 2015 2:10 PM
  • Thanks for your reply :)

++

Thursday, October 15, 2015 12:53 PM
  • Do you have a link to the KB page on Windows Update Delivery Optimization? It's been a month and I'm still not finding anything out there.
    • Proposed as answer by Rambo_Gandhi Wednesday, December 30, 2015 8:18 AM
    Friday, November 13, 2015 3:39 PM
  • Another 6 weeks have passed.  Where is this KB???

I serve a small organization and made the pitch to my boss for Windows 10 assets for features like Windows Update Delivery Optimization (WUDO) etc.  We decided against investment in a WSUS server just prior. Investing in a server for WSUS doesn't make sense for us.

Regrettably WUDO isn't functioning and our management is disappointed for the time being.  I've scoured the internet, particularly Technet.  There are maybe 10 Technet threads, and persons in each thread are seeking where Microsoft has published it's technical literature regarding how to actually troubleshoot WUDO.  There is nothing useful.

I also read that WUDO is part of the larger "Windows Updates for Business" concept, however I haven't been able to find any useful info via that avenue either.

Where is Microsoft giving it's customers the resources to troubleshoot and make the WUDO technology work???

• Proposed as answer by Rambo_Gandhi Wednesday, December 30, 2015 8:18 AM
    Saturday, December 26, 2015 9:32 AM
  • Hello Yannick Plavonil.  I thank you for all your excellent contributions to Technet.  Do you know what has become of Microsoft publishing the KB you mentioned 2.5 months ago???  I haven't been able to find it and I don't see that anyone else here has found it either.  Thanks again for your vital expertise!
    Tuesday, January 5, 2016 12:14 PM
  • Was the WUDO KB ever published? I have several machines running identical hardware with identical Windows 10 Pro, properly configured and networked with each other that are still not sharing updates between them.
    Thursday, July 14, 2016 7:52 PM
  • I don't know if this helps but this is Microsoft's FAQ for WUDO: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12446/windows-10-update-delivery-optimization-faq. It uses a TCP listener on port 7680 and a UDP receiver on port 3544. The files are stored in C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\DeliveryOptimization.

Thanks

Wednesday, July 20, 2016 8:32 PM