none
How can I add a registry key for all users who sign onto a computer RRS feed

• Question

• Our users do not have local administrative rights, and group policy prohibits them to edit their registry.  I want to add a registry key for all users so they can access a shared microsoft office building block folders on our network.

Some of our users are on Windows XP with Office 2007, but we are upgrading to Windows 7 professional with Microsoft Office 2010.  The key to add is in different locations in the registry, depending on the version of Microsoft Office they are using.

I am currently moving the users to a folder in active directory to bypass the blocking of the registry edit.  Then clicking on a reg file that contains the key on their computer to add this to the registry for their profile.  Then I have to move their network ID back in Active Directory so they are no longer able to edit their registry.  But if someone were to log onto a computer for the first time, this would have to be done again for each user.

Is there a way to automate it so the key could be added for all users the first time they sign onto a computer?

Tuesday, November 27, 2012 3:37 AM

Answers

All replies