none
I need help (Windows 7 home premium, no drivers found?) RRS feed

• Question

• I bought a computer from cyberpowerpc.com, it came with the windows 7 disk and activation code included with the computer. After booting up my computer I inserted my Windows 7 (home premium) disk into my computer. All went well until I got stuck at a certain part right after choosing *Custom* for my installation process. After scanning for a little, Windows said that it couldn't find any drivers installed. After desperate refreshes and attempts , nothing. I searched for my problem online and it seems that a lot of people have had the same issues. However, these people fix it by downloading windows 7 onto a usb or doing something to bios. I can't access bios without downloading the operating system on this computer. And I have no other computer to download windows 7 onto a usb with. I tried looking for a microsoft live chat support but to my dismay found nothing. When I called microsoft support I was transferred over 3 times at which I was dropped from the 20+ minute "hold time." I just need a way to fix this problem, if anyone could help it would be great.
    Wednesday, July 17, 2013 5:22 PM

Answers

• Hi Robert,

From your post, I know that you got message “Windows cannot find any drivers installed” after choosing Custom for installation, and a while of scanning.

I understand that you might feel upset after trying to contact online and on-call support without any success. I would like to try my best to help.

In order to verify your situation, please first clarify following questions:

1.  Was this scanning you mentioned automatically after you clicked Custom or you clicked any option like “Load driver”?
    2.  Did you have any other drivers disk included in the computer box you bought on cyberpowerpc.com?

Then, please help to photograph the screen and post here  about the error message you mentioned so that we can  determine that the issue happened in which phrase during installation.

Thanks for your cooperation and look forward to your response.

Best Regards, StarSprite

Friday, July 19, 2013 7:29 AM

All replies

• Have you contacted Cyberpowerpc?  You should be able to get into BIOS without an OS because it is separate.  Usually its either F10, F1, or del key during startup.  Once in there I would ensure your disks are setup as AHCI mode.  Every BIOS is different so i am unfortunately unable to walk you through to check this.  Thus, Cyberpowerpc might be your best bet as this is a custom built computer.

Be kind and Mark as Answer if I helped.

Wednesday, July 17, 2013 5:43 PM
  • Well I'm not 100% tech savy. I clicked on f10 in the startup menu and it took me to this black screen area. The only option was to continue to loading screen, I had no idea what to press besides that so I couldn't access any bios 
    Wednesday, July 17, 2013 5:48 PM
  • Hi Robert,

From your post, I know that you got message “Windows cannot find any drivers installed” after choosing Custom for installation, and a while of scanning.

I understand that you might feel upset after trying to contact online and on-call support without any success. I would like to try my best to help.

In order to verify your situation, please first clarify following questions:

1.  Was this scanning you mentioned automatically after you clicked Custom or you clicked any option like “Load driver”?
    2.  Did you have any other drivers disk included in the computer box you bought on cyberpowerpc.com?

Then, please help to photograph the screen and post here  about the error message you mentioned so that we can  determine that the issue happened in which phrase during installation.

Thanks for your cooperation and look forward to your response.

Best Regards, StarSprite

Friday, July 19, 2013 7:29 AM