none
What happend with Windows Media Player in the taskbar?

General discussion

• Hi, in previous versions of Windows Media Player to be minimized, showed the most common buttons, like play, stop, next, previous, volumen, was very useful. What happend with useful Windows Media Player
    Sunday, February 1, 2009 10:21 PM

All replies

• I also asked that question, but after looking at it I figured that they had done away with that because when you hover over the Windows Media Player in the taskbar, the preview window has buttons on it whereby you can play, pause and cycle back and forth between tracks. This essentially does the same thing and doesn't take up taskbar space.
    Sunday, February 1, 2009 11:56 PM
  • But I can't keep a streaming video displayed like I could in the old toolbar.  I want the old one back!
    Monday, February 2, 2009 12:27 AM
  • One solution for the video problem is to always have the Player on top, you can configure this in the options menu, but I really miss the taskbar function. You could immediately see, which song was playing and could switch track with just one click. Now you have to hover over the icon, wait several seconds for the track to show and when you skip it, you'll have to do the same in order to see which track is playing now.
    Sunday, May 17, 2009 11:28 AM