none
windows 7 drivers

Question

• Like many others, I have a MBP and I installed Windows 7 on it.  My iSight camera does not work because there is no driver installed.  I can not find my original CD that came with my MBP, I have search everywhere on the internet for that driver- can some with a MBP pleae help me by sending me the driver I need.  I would be very GREATFUL.  School is starting soon and I have to get my computer running before that time.  PLEASE HELP!

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 8:19 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Is it a built-in iSight camera or an external iSight camera? As far as I know, there are no  Windows driver exists for external iSight, Windows 7 will autodetect an iSight camera as “1394 Desktop Video Camera” and is not capable of receiving audio from iSight’s internal microphones.  For the built-in iSight, Version 1.2 of Apple’s Boot Camp supports Windows XP and Windows Vista. Windows 7 may be supported. To get the well support of iSight Camera in Windows 7, please contact Apple for Windows 7 driver.

As a work around, you could enable Windows XP Mode and use iSight Camera inside of Windows XP Mode.

References:

Boot Camp 2.0: iSight camera gamma settings available for Windows XP-based applications

Note: we provide the third party link for technical use only. There may be some changes without notice, Microsoft doesn’t guarantee any accuracy on contacting information.

Thursday, July 29, 2010 3:03 AM

All replies

• Those drivers come Apple, you would go there in hopes of finding a driver.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 4:48 PM
  • Hi,

Is it a built-in iSight camera or an external iSight camera? As far as I know, there are no  Windows driver exists for external iSight, Windows 7 will autodetect an iSight camera as “1394 Desktop Video Camera” and is not capable of receiving audio from iSight’s internal microphones.  For the built-in iSight, Version 1.2 of Apple’s Boot Camp supports Windows XP and Windows Vista. Windows 7 may be supported. To get the well support of iSight Camera in Windows 7, please contact Apple for Windows 7 driver.

As a work around, you could enable Windows XP Mode and use iSight Camera inside of Windows XP Mode.

References:

Boot Camp 2.0: iSight camera gamma settings available for Windows XP-based applications

Note: we provide the third party link for technical use only. There may be some changes without notice, Microsoft doesn’t guarantee any accuracy on contacting information.

Thursday, July 29, 2010 3:03 AM
  • thanks for the information, unfortunately they doesn't help.  I have to find my copy of bootcamp to explore other options.  i gues it i don't all is lost.  by the way it is an internal camera
    Thursday, July 29, 2010 7:41 PM
  • Boot Camp is an Apple product and ALL support for Boot Camp comes entirely from Apple!

Boot Camp Support:  http://www.apple.com/support/bootcamp/

Thursday, July 29, 2010 8:10 PM
  • Like many others, I have a MBP and I installed Windows 7 on it.  My iSight camera does not work because there is no driver installed.  I can not find my original CD that came with my MBP, I have search everywhere on the internet for that driver- can some with a MBP pleae help me by sending me the driver I need.  I would be very GREATFUL .  School is starting soon and I have to get my computer running before that time.  PLEASE HELP!

Running Windows on Apple hardware is not very successful. This is due to the proprietary hardware they use.

Vote if answered or helpful, I am running for Office (joke)! IT/Developer, Windows/Linux/Mainframe I also am a true vegan and I am very good with economics and I used to play chess at 2400++
    Friday, July 30, 2010 4:02 AM
  • Using 27" Cinema Display on PC, running Windows 7.  No Mac software at all.

You shouldn't need a driver for Windows 7.  I know it has a ! under the camera because the driver is missing.  If you go into YAHOO messager or anything else that needs a camera it will work (at least it did on my PC).  The speakers and microphone work too.

To remove the ANNOYING ! this is what I did. 

1.  Right click on the device, Properties, Display Audio(will take several screens to get to the !).  Update Driver, Choose From List, Imaging, GENERIC 1394...  Device really doesn't need the driver but the annoying ! goes away.

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 6:08 AM