none
Acer Aspire One (Netbook) Touchpad Compatability

General discussion

• I was wondering if anyone is having issues with their touchpad, I am running Windows 7 on a netbook, specifically an Acer Aspire One A-150-1570 and acer has this program called Touchpad Synaptics, its normally used in Win XP, but using windows 7 compatibility option, you can use it in Win 7, it crashes when I try to scoll using the right part of the touchpad... if i don't have it installed I can't click or scroll using the touchpad...

Let me know
    VP 
    Sunday, January 25, 2009 10:53 AM

All replies

• Hi - have you tried the latest Vista driver from Synaptics?  Works for me on a Thinkpad R61 with Synaptics touchpad & Thinkpad  touch pointer
    http://www.synaptics.com/support/drivers
    Saturday, February 07, 2009 10:30 PM
  • if you want ... try to install driver from support.acer-euro.com ....
    i have seen there is a driver v12.0.4 for aspire 5737Z it seems to be more recent then synaptics original driver
    Sunday, February 08, 2009 3:22 PM
  • Any resolution here?  I also have a new AOD150 with Windows 7 build 7100 and cannot use the touchpad.

Thanks,

Gerry
    Thursday, June 11, 2009 8:49 PM
  • I have tried to do that.
    That won't work, i download it, open setup and it says "drivers are not compatible with your OS"
    I'm using my touchpad without software zo i don't have scroll function and things like that.
    Its really boring like this.
    Saturday, June 27, 2009 11:11 AM
  • Hmmm...Acer seems to only support the device for it's original configuration (Win XP). Also, they only seem to provide updates, not the complete driver set. I checked notebooks for a Vista driver. They used two different manufacturers for their Vista models. No help there.

Okay, try this
    1. Uninstall any Synaptics or touchpad software using uninstall programs.

2. Reboot-does Win 7 find new hardware and attempt to install anything?

3. If NO, Start>Contol Panel>under System Security select find and fix problems>Hardware and Sound>Configure Device  Any Luck?

4. If NO, Start>right click Computer>Manage>Device Manager>and select the touchpad>right-click properties>update driver and let Win 7 look for drivers.

Long shot...hail mary...try the Dell Vista driver here. It's for Latitude and Precision Vista 32-bit

Searching the net only reveals that Acer provides no support for OS other than how it was sold. There also seemed to be no fixes. I concur with Gaffer, you'll have to try the generic Vista drivers from Synaptics and hope for the best if Win 7 doesn't find a driver that it likes.

The good news is that Win 7 will run on a older hardware, where Vista would not. Keep pushing for a touchpad fix and bring new life to the netbook.

Saturday, June 27, 2009 12:12 PM
  • none of it works.
    the 4th thing you said did something, he downloaded and installed latest synaptics driver, like it is when i open vista when my notebook starts (win7 is on other partition so i have choise between vista or win7)
    so it said the latest version was installed, i had to restart,
    i did that but my touchpad wasn't even working.
    so i did my pc uninstall that, with my keypad.. -_-
    and restarted, now it works again, but no software, no scroll..
    Saturday, June 27, 2009 12:26 PM
  • So, your touchpad works correctly in Vista? Then use that software and  driver install package. 
    Sunday, June 28, 2009 11:52 AM
  • So, your touchpad works correctly in Vista? Then use that software and  driver install package. 

It doesn't work.
    I have tried to do that.
    I made a recovery disk from acer, and another disk with drivers and software
    But if i do that, it sais the same.
    not compatible ..
    thanks..
    Sunday, June 28, 2009 11:54 AM

It doesn't work.
    I have tried to do that.
    I made a recovery disk from acer, and another disk with drivers and software
    But if i do that, it sais the same.
    not compatible ..
    thanks..

I tried software and drivers from everywhere on the internet.
    The drivers of vista sais ; "DPInst.exe cannot be executed on your system"
    Xp drivers sais; You need Win XP to install synaptics touchpad enhancements.
    so nothing works.
    I saw on the internet much forums of people with the same problem and most of them just installed the vista drivers and that works.
    it doesn't with me.
    I'm not doing it wrong , i'm good in computers , so..
    There is also nothing wrong with my computer, all works perfect, but not the software for the touchpad.
    Hope there is a solution for this.
    Thanks anyway.
    Sunday, June 28, 2009 12:08 PM
  • I'm sorry. After reviewing the thread, I realized I did not mention using the compatibilty mode.

With your touchpad software/drivers from the back-up disk, right click on the installation file and select troubleshoot compatibility. It will take you to a series of dialog boxes. Follow the instructions and see what happens. First try the recommended settings. If that doesn't work, try again and use the second option.

It's worth a try.

Good Luck.
    Monday, June 29, 2009 12:22 PM
  • I'm sorry. After reviewing the thread, I realized I did not mention using the compatibilty mode.

With your touchpad software/drivers from the back-up disk, right click on the installation file and select troubleshoot compatibility. It will take you to a series of dialog boxes. Follow the instructions and see what happens. First try the recommended settings. If that doesn't work, try again and use the second option.

It's worth a try.

Good Luck.

I tried to do that.
    The program installs and it is running on the taskbar,
    but when i try to scroll, it blocks, and i have to shut it down, than my touchpad works again.
    Monday, June 29, 2009 1:23 PM
  • Dear Nano,

Many and million thanks to you, it tottally working now, your solution was the best and easiest and it hit the problem in the heart.

thanks again,

PS: I specially registered on this site to thank you, and i hope i will be useful for others as you did :)

best wishes
    Thursday, August 13, 2009 2:12 AM
  • its nice that this works for you, but no luck for me. I always get the faultmessage like i said bbefore..
    Thursday, August 13, 2009 10:45 AM
  • Tech_Lover,
    Please post the driver version that you used. c.dis is not having any success. That may help others, too.
    Also, when you find a post that is helpful in the forum, click on the "Vote as helpful" button. That raises that post to a higher search result priority for others to find.

c.dis,
    When you boot into Vista, which driver version and publisher is installed for the touchpad? You did say the touchpad has full functionality in Vista, correct? We should be able to find that and get it installed. 
    The problem with troubleshooting is that trouble shoots back.
    Thursday, August 13, 2009 11:36 AM
  • Yes, it works in vista.
    i bought this laptop with windows vista on it, and that driver was installed to
    i have a laptop of acer, so you can make a disk with the drivers that are already installed, for later installation.
    so i made that disk, and inserted when i started windows 7, and executed the file.
    then it sais ; DPinst.exe is not compatible with your operating system.
    so we dont have to search the same driver, because i already have exactly the same as i use with vista.
    it is really weird.

i tried installing the driver in compatiblity modus, and that succeed.
    but when i restart and the program starts, it works fine untill i touch the touchpad :(
    then i get message that the program doesnt react anymore and i cant use the touchpad. then i have to press the start button on the keyboard and make my way to the shutdown button and try to uninstall it.

althoug thanks for your help.
    but no succeed for me :)
    (sorry for the bad english)
    Friday, August 14, 2009 11:30 PM
  • c.dis,
    bad english? what-me worry? (it is very good)

In the compatibility mode did you select " worked with previous version" and select vista sp-2? If no, try it again. Do not use XP compatibility. You should navigate to the installer for the touchpad on the disk and run the installer for the touchpad- you do not need to run the entire disk for all of the drivers.

That is why I recommended that you download it separately. That will also provide the most recent version.
    Saturday, August 15, 2009 1:06 AM
  • I don't understand what u mean.. i'm sorry :S
    how do you start the compatiblity modus?
    u just select the .exe file and right click, and choose execute with compatiblity modus, it does not ask me anything more...
    am i doing something wrong than?
    Saturday, August 15, 2009 1:35 PM
  • c.dis,
    There should be a window that displays detecting problems and then a window that provides two choices-you should choose the bottom choice or the one that states "Troubleshoot program"-you will then get a window and you select "worked in a previous version" and then you select Vista SP-1 or SP-2.

I also forgot to mention, at the top of the forum page, where you see the location in the header, you can select forums in other languages. Perhaps that would be more comfortable for you.
    Sunday, August 16, 2009 9:53 AM
  • Ok, i try that in 2days. i am not at home right now ;)
    and i tried to put it in my language (dutch) but i can't find any forums with this problem .
    but i will try to do that and i report the results .
    thanks.
    Sunday, August 16, 2009 6:20 PM
  • Thanks, it worked !
    I also know what the actually problem is.
    when i do the compatiblity mode, it installs and asks to restart. When you do that , you cant click the next button to save the troubleshoot settings.
    that was my problem. maybe it is kinda stupid of me, that i always clicked "restart computer", and then see the program not working.
    so actually this was my mistake, i think.

Thanks to you all!
    Saturday, August 22, 2009 11:19 AM
  • what version of the windows did you try it on an it happen to work? cause its not working on windows  7 home basic x86 
    Sunday, October 31, 2010 10:17 PM
  • Page touchpad software. Windows 7 compatible download

I think the problem ends

Tuesday, November 02, 2010 9:46 AM
  • i forget to put thats the laptop is a a0a150 aspire one. going to try that driver now
    Tuesday, November 02, 2010 12:48 PM
  • Acer Aspire One 150 driver and current versions of software you can download from the link connection.
    Tuesday, December 21, 2010 7:42 PM
  • I have an Acer Aspire One D250-1196 and Windows 7 Pro x32.  The Touchpad would work for a minute or two and then quit responding  I have downloaded the drivers from Acer, I beleive the version is like 12 or 14.  I tried the Alps and Synaptic and neither worked.  I reloaded the Synaptic and found the problem.  In Windows 7 when it see an external mouse will disable the touchpad.  I pressed Fn + F7 and now all works fine.  When I reboot Win 7 does not now turn off the touchpad.

Hope that helps.

Friday, April 08, 2011 2:25 PM