none
Windows 7 .NET Framework Installation/Update Failure RRS feed

• Question

• In an attempt to install Microsoft Office 2010 i ran into a error 1935. I did some digging and found that it is a .NET related error. This supprised me seeing as Windows 7 comes with .NET out of the box. Using Windows Update i attempted to install a .NET Framework 3.5.1 hotfix. It consistantly failed. I next attempted to download .NET and install it manually. After launching, the application told me to install .NET from the "Turn windows features on and off" page. The windows feature page is completely devoid of any .NET options. Any guidance with this problem would be greatly apreciated.

Machine: Optiplex 790 (brand new with window 7 already installed)

Enviorment: Connected to small office network, no domain. Account being used when issues were discovered is a member of administrators group.

If any additonal information is needed or if you want to ask a specific question about the issue please let me know.

• Moved by Carey FrischMVP, Moderator Wednesday, February 22, 2012 7:30 PM Moved to more appropriate forum category (From:Windows 7 Miscellaneous)
    Wednesday, February 22, 2012 6:28 PM

Answers

• Hi,

The error 1935 of Office 2010’s installation can be caused by .NET Framework

.NET Framework is one of the Windows component installed on Windows 7, the name of this component is called Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5. As a result, the way to repair it is unchecking and checking it in Windows Features.

As .NET Framework 3.5 is missing in Windows Features, close all running programs and run KB947821first. This tool can fix some Windows Feature’s issues. When installation completed, close and restart the system to test the issue.

If the system persists, we can perform System Restore, SFCor In-Place Upgradeto test the issue. 

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, February 23, 2012 7:15 AM