none
Please HELP! Export to PDF doesnt work under Windows XP SP3.

Question

• Hi all, I have a serious problem. I install SP3 on Windows XP Professional and when I try to export to PDF (Crystal Report 8.5) this error occured: Failed to export the report. When uninstall the SP3 the export works good. What does mean? Any suggestion?

My XP installation:

- Windows XP SP3
    - .NET Framework 1.1
    - .NET Framework 2.0
    - AFPL GhostCript 8.51
    - MSXML 4.0 SP2 Parser
    - MS Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable

Thanks.

Thursday, May 22, 2008 1:17 PM

Answers

• Hi everybody.

I was having the same problem here: using Crystal Reports 8.0 and PDF Exporting functionality added from Crystal Reports 8.5 files, exporting to PDF stopped working when we installed Windows XP SP3. It never worked on Windows Vista as well.

Similar to Voloda10 (the person from the last post), when I installed Crystal Reports 8.5 SP3 on the development machine with Windows XP SP3 the problem was solved, but when I tried to install manually the DLLs from CR 8.5 SP3, the problem wasn't solved. The files I picked were the ones related to the problem:

• 'u2ddisk.dll' v8.6.0.304 (%windir%\Crystal)
    • 'u2fPDF.dll' (or 'crxf_pdf.dll') v8.6.2.429 (%windir%\Crystal)
    • 'tslv.dll' (or 'crtslv.dll') v8.6.1.726 (%ProgramFiles%\Seagate Software\Shared) (or %CommonProgramFiles%\Crystal Decisions\2.0\bin ?)
    • 'ExportModeller.dll' v8.6.2.440 (%ProgramFiles%\Seagate Software\Shared) (or %CommonProgramFiles%\Crystal Decisions\2.0\bin ?)

But after some testing I finally concluded that the file that solved the problem was the main API dll, 'crpe32.dll'!! I use the Automation Server, that uses the 'crpe32.dll' file, so in my case this one solved the problem:

• 'crpe32.dll' v8.5.3.979 (%windir%\System32)

In another application I use the RDC component and was experiencing the same problem. Same solution. I replaced the 'craxdrt.dll' file and the problem was solved:

• 'craxdrt.dll' v8.5.0.674 (%ProgramFiles%\Seagate Software\Report Designer Component)

And better than that, those files solved the problem for Windows Vista too!

Googleing for "crystal reports 8.5 service pack" I found a link to the CR 8.5 SP3 on a brazilian website (http://www.crystal.com.br/su_sp.asp). The direct link for the SP:

http://ftp1.businessobjects.com/webprod/hot_fixes/en/cr85win_en_sp3.exe

Tip: Instead of installing the SP, you can unpack 'cr85win_en_sp3.exe' and after that use some tool to decompress 'data1.cab' (it's a Install Shield v6 Compressed File, not compatible with Microsoft .CAB files), like i6comp, that you can get here (or somewhere else):

http://programmerstools.org/node/123

Regards,

Pedro.

• Proposed as answer by Rago Wednesday, November 23, 2011 3:43 PM
    • Marked as answer by arnavsharmaMVP, Moderator Wednesday, July 10, 2013 10:06 AM
    Friday, August 08, 2008 7:43 PM

All replies

• Sorry, no solution.  Just a similair issue.  We have a legacy appliation that uses Crystal 8.0 reports and an add-on Export to PDF driver (PDF Export wasn't an orginal option in Crystal 8.0).  When we installed SP3 we lost this functionality.  We either get a "failed to export report" message or sometimes not.  The PDF file is actually created, but it is 0 kb and cannot be opened.

It would be great if anyone knows of a solution for this issue.  This system although old is still in use and will be in our environment for the forseeable future.  For now, we are uninstalling SP3.

Friday, May 30, 2008 3:17 PM
  • Another related issue. We use Crystal Reports for Visual Studio to build reports and export them to PDF. They work under Windows XP SP1, SP2, and Vista. But under XP SP3, we got the following error:

The XML page cannot be displayed

Cannot view XML input using style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

An invalid character was found in text content. Error processing resource 'http://www.nnnnnn.edu/reports/custestatemen...

%

The same ASP.NET applications export these reports to XLS successfully under SP3.

Friday, May 30, 2008 9:06 PM
  • Colleagues,

Did you try to uninstall and install again Crystal?

Friday, May 30, 2008 9:46 PM
  • In my case, I reinstalled Crystal Report but Export to PDF still doesnt work!
    Monday, June 02, 2008 7:20 AM
  •  

In our internal teting, the issue “Failed to Export “ Occurs both in SP2 & SP3  by choosing the Export  Destination options as either  –“Exchange Folder”  or “Lotus Domino” .

We do not find a problem when we set the destination as local disk.

What is the patched state of the machines ? Are they fully updated? Do you have any hotfixes installed on these machines?

• Proposed as answer by ShieldsHome PC Wednesday, November 28, 2012 8:08 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by ShieldsHome PC Wednesday, November 28, 2012 8:09 AM
    Tuesday, June 03, 2008 6:52 PM
  • Hi

We're having the same problem with exporting to PDF from Crystal, we installed SP3 and that caused the export to break, if we uninstall SP3, the export works fine again, meaning highest service pack installed is SP2.

I am quite sure all the hotfixes is installed.

Please help!

Wednesday, June 04, 2008 8:37 AM
  • We did not face any such issue, with Crystal Reports 8.5 on Windows XP SP3. Export to pdf worked fine.

Can you please provide us the following information:

1. Version of the Crystal Reports?

2. What is the export destination? Application, Disk file, Exchange folder, etc?

3. For pdf export, are you using some external softwares? e.g. GhostScript, PDF exporter or some custom Application, etc

4. When the export fails,do you get any message in the Event Viewer?

5. Any othe observations?

Thanks

Wednesday, June 04, 2008 1:32 PM
  • Hi

Thanks for the response

1. Version of the Crystal Reports?

Version 8.0.100.13

2. What is the export destination? Application, Disk file, Exchange folder, etc?

Local disk file

3. For pdf export, are you using some external softwares? e.g. GhostScript, PDF exporter or some custom Application, etc

Using standard crystal pdf export (u2fpdf.dll) (we're are using Delphi 3,5,7)

4. When the export fails,do you get any message in the Event Viewer?

No message

5. Any othe observations?

This happens when exporting to PDF, Excel, RTF etc.  The report viewer provides a preview, but when you export the file, the file is blank.

Thanks

Wednesday, June 04, 2008 1:52 PM
  • 1. Crystal Report for Visual Studio 2005.

2. Export destination is a local drive. It's an asp.net application.

3. No external software being used.

4. We get the following message:

The XML page cannot be displayed

Cannot view XML input using style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

An invalid character was found in text content. Error processing resource 'http://www.fm.virginia.edu/custestatements/repor...

%
    5. Export to xls works. 
    Wednesday, June 04, 2008 1:55 PM
  • 1.  Version of Crystal Reports?

2.  What is the export destination?

Application or Disk File

3. For pdf export, are you using some external softwares?

PDF Export add-on for Crystal 8 (u2fpdf.dll)

4.  When the export fails, do you get any message in the Event Viewer?

No messages in event viewer.

5.  Any other observations?

Yes, the report viewer provides a preview.  Export to Excel, comma delimited and others that we have tried still work as normal.

Wednesday, June 04, 2008 8:31 PM
  • PDF export worked fine with Crystal Reports 8.5 on both Windows XP SP2 and SP3. Crystal Reports 8.5 contains pdf export feature by defaulf.

We tried testing the same scenario using Crystal Reports 8.0.1.0 and u2fpdf.dll (8.0.100.13) on Windows XP SP2 but it failed to export the report as PDF with an error "Failed to export the report". We had simple copied u2fpdf.dll in the "%windir%\crystal" folder.

Do we need to make some additional configuration this pdf add-on in Crystal Reports 8.0.1.0?

Can you please confirm the version of u2fpdf.dll on your system?

Is a website (link) to download this pdf add-on?

Wednesday, June 11, 2008 7:00 AM
  • Hi

You need to do the following:

You need the following DLL's:
    ExportModeller.dll (1.0.0.18)
    TSLV.dll (1.0.0.2)
    u2fpdf.dll (8.0.100.13)

Copy to %systemroot% and register ExportModeller.dll and TSLV.dll
    Copy u2fpdf.dll to "%windir%\crystal" folder.

Wednesday, June 11, 2008 7:25 AM
  • Do we have any trusted source from where we can download these dll's?

Wednesday, June 11, 2008 9:35 AM
  • Hi

Is it possible we can email it to you? As I am not sure where you can get this DLL's?

Regards
    Rudolph
    Thursday, June 12, 2008 8:10 AM
  • Ya, you can e-mail me those dll's.

My e-mail ID is:

jaskab<at>microsoft<dot>com (replace <at> & <dot> with @ & . )

Thanks

Thursday, June 12, 2008 1:09 PM
  • Hallo, can you forward me those dll"s?

My email: michal.podrouzek@gmail.com

Thanks
    Thursday, June 12, 2008 2:08 PM
  • Hi RuKoe,

I copy theese three dlls and register but it still doesnt work Sad

Error: Failed to export to PDF.

Any other idea?

Thanks.
    Friday, June 13, 2008 9:03 AM
  • That is exactly my problem.
    Friday, June 13, 2008 9:10 AM
  • Might be able to advance this a bit.
    We're also stuck on Crystal 8.0 with those PDF generating add-ons. (ExportModeller, TSLV etc)

Again we have just started to get the "Failed to export the report"

We have had this before and it has been because of different export files on the machine. Crystal v9 uses crxf)_pdf.dll to export and if this is present on the machine then the Crystal 8 PDF's will fail to export with the above error.

Solution: delete crxf_pdf.dll if you use Crystal 8.0 addon. (NOT if you use v8.5 or higher though!)

But post SP3 by the look of it I'm still getting the same error even with this file gone.

Any more help would be appreciated.

Dave
    Tuesday, June 24, 2008 1:38 AM
  • I've also encountered this problem with Crystal 8 and the pdf export addon.  I have seen it on XP with SP3 as well as Windows 2003 with SP2.  Does anyone know if a workaround or fix has been found yet?
    Friday, June 27, 2008 3:10 PM
  • Does this hotfix help anyone with the PDF problem?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/952909

When you try to print a document to a PostScript printer in an application, the application exits unexpectedly, or you find that an invalid PDF file is created from the incorrect data in the PostScript file

Saturday, June 28, 2008 4:22 PM
  • I just tried it out.  It does not appear to fix the problem.  Thanks for the suggestion.
    Monday, June 30, 2008 1:32 PM
  • We had the same problem and discovered that SP3 'upgraded' the crpe32.dll in the Windows\System folder to an earlier version.  When we restored this file from a mchine that was still on SP2, it started working.

Tuesday, July 15, 2008 8:14 PM
  • Hi Kevin, thanks for your reply. However, what kind of aplication contain that dll? Because i can not found this dll on my machine. I only use Crystal Runtime Environment functionality.
    Thursday, July 17, 2008 12:03 PM
  • Try Crystal Reports Hot Fix for 8.5:

http://www.prosurv.com/Horizontal_Technology/DBEXDRVRWIN_EN_200401.EXE

size: 3 385 147 bytes

Hotfixes for version 9 & 10:

http://crystalandweb.blogspot.com/2004_07_01_archive.html

Vladimir from Slovakia

Write me if it was helpful... ;o)

PDF export works fine before applying SP3. The strange thing is that
    it fails on some machines, but not on others. The ones it fails on
    seem to be computers that have previously contained Crystal Reports
    8.5 runtime components on them, but not 8.5 itself.

I have painfully discovered a process that corrects the problem. I
    found that when I install the monthly hot fix file
    "DBEXDRVRWIN_EN_200401.EXE" onto a machine that the problem goes away
    on that machine forever. But the file timestamps are identical and I
    couldn't identify a registry entry that explains it.

This fix works for my development machine, but it's pretty painful for
    fixing client machines that only get the runtime components.

The bug needs to be fixed of course. But for now I'd be happy with
    knowing what I have to add to my InstallShield file so that the
    problem is avoided on client machines.

Tuesday, August 05, 2008 1:26 PM
  • Hi everybody.

I was having the same problem here: using Crystal Reports 8.0 and PDF Exporting functionality added from Crystal Reports 8.5 files, exporting to PDF stopped working when we installed Windows XP SP3. It never worked on Windows Vista as well.

Similar to Voloda10 (the person from the last post), when I installed Crystal Reports 8.5 SP3 on the development machine with Windows XP SP3 the problem was solved, but when I tried to install manually the DLLs from CR 8.5 SP3, the problem wasn't solved. The files I picked were the ones related to the problem:

• 'u2ddisk.dll' v8.6.0.304 (%windir%\Crystal)
    • 'u2fPDF.dll' (or 'crxf_pdf.dll') v8.6.2.429 (%windir%\Crystal)
    • 'tslv.dll' (or 'crtslv.dll') v8.6.1.726 (%ProgramFiles%\Seagate Software\Shared) (or %CommonProgramFiles%\Crystal Decisions\2.0\bin ?)
    • 'ExportModeller.dll' v8.6.2.440 (%ProgramFiles%\Seagate Software\Shared) (or %CommonProgramFiles%\Crystal Decisions\2.0\bin ?)

But after some testing I finally concluded that the file that solved the problem was the main API dll, 'crpe32.dll'!! I use the Automation Server, that uses the 'crpe32.dll' file, so in my case this one solved the problem:

• 'crpe32.dll' v8.5.3.979 (%windir%\System32)

In another application I use the RDC component and was experiencing the same problem. Same solution. I replaced the 'craxdrt.dll' file and the problem was solved:

• 'craxdrt.dll' v8.5.0.674 (%ProgramFiles%\Seagate Software\Report Designer Component)

And better than that, those files solved the problem for Windows Vista too!

Googleing for "crystal reports 8.5 service pack" I found a link to the CR 8.5 SP3 on a brazilian website (http://www.crystal.com.br/su_sp.asp). The direct link for the SP:

http://ftp1.businessobjects.com/webprod/hot_fixes/en/cr85win_en_sp3.exe

Tip: Instead of installing the SP, you can unpack 'cr85win_en_sp3.exe' and after that use some tool to decompress 'data1.cab' (it's a Install Shield v6 Compressed File, not compatible with Microsoft .CAB files), like i6comp, that you can get here (or somewhere else):

http://programmerstools.org/node/123

Regards,

Pedro.

• Proposed as answer by Rago Wednesday, November 23, 2011 3:43 PM
    • Marked as answer by arnavsharmaMVP, Moderator Wednesday, July 10, 2013 10:06 AM
    Friday, August 08, 2008 7:43 PM
  • Thanks Lobo - you are a legend. Note to others - make sure your files are consistent. So if you user crxf_pdf.dll you must use crtslv.dll. Likewise for tslv.dll and u2fpdf.
    Tuesday, August 12, 2008 5:56 AM
  • Exactly. Crystal Reports 8.0 will only recognize the PDF exporting DLL if you use the u2fPDF name convention, but Crystal Reports 8.5 started using the crxf_pdf name convention. Equally, tslv.dll is the name used by CR 8.0, whereas crtslv.dll is the name used by CR 8.5.

However, as crtslv.dll is a COM-registrable DLL, in theory it can have any name and can be located anywehre, since it's registered correctly on Windows Registry, as well as ExportModeller.dll. The same is NOT truth for crxf_pdf.dll.

But, as a matter of organization, and to avoid versioning problems, I think it is better to use the correct name and put the files in the correct places.

By the way, I took a look at the installation file (MSI) for CR 8.5 and found that %ProgramFiles%\Seagate Software\Shared is the offcial folder for the files 'crtslv.dll' and 'ExportModeller.dll' (for CR 8.5). The folder %CommonProgramFiles%\Crystal Decisions\2.0\bin that I mentioned is used for Crystal Reports 9.0.

And, thank you Dave for the "legend" stuff... Even though it's overestimated, it certainly made my day brighter!

:-)

Best regards,

Pedro.

Tuesday, August 12, 2008 1:36 PM
  • Can somebody help me with TSLV.dll (1.0.0.2) ? My email DarkAngel@EquinoxLT.COM. Thanx.
    Tuesday, September 16, 2008 2:40 PM
  • What sort of help exactly do you need with TSLV.dll?

Tuesday, September 16, 2008 2:45 PM
  • I cannot find this (1.0.0.2) version of TSLV.Dll anywhere. Can someone send it to me (darkangel@equinoxlt.com) ?
    Tuesday, September 16, 2008 3:01 PM
  • Done. Sent through email.

Tuesday, September 16, 2008 3:07 PM
  • Thanks a lot guys.
    Wednesday, September 17, 2008 6:02 AM
  • I stumbled across this thread and was wondering if the DLL's were the definite fix. I have the same issue with a third-party app that uses CR 8.5 runtime. When we export to PDF in it we see all XP SP3 clients getting 0 KB export files as a result.

Please let me know, as I've checked file permissions using Filemon.exe and didn't see anything that looked out of the ordinary...

Friday, September 26, 2008 2:55 PM
  • Yes, until now those DLLs solved the problem for all XP SP3 and Vista machines that we have tried. Just check the version of the files 'crpe32.dll' and 'craxdrt.dll' and try replacing them with the files that comes with CR 8.5 SP3 package, as I stated on the other message.

If it works, please, remember to mark the post (where I mention the solution) as useful!  :-)

Regards,

Pedro.

Friday, September 26, 2008 4:56 PM
  • My issue was similar, but not exactly the same. Our Windows 2000 SP4 clients could export to PDF fine. But Windows XP SP3 and 2003 R2 clients couldn't. Looking at the file versions being accessed during the export process I saw the 2000 SP4 clients had an 8.5 version of the craxdrt.dll file. The XP SP3 and 2003 R2 clients did not. Theirs was an older version (8.0). I copied over the v8.5 DLL and all is good.

A Windows update wouldn't have downgraded this file would it have? I didn't see this particular file in the i386 folder as a Windows-provided system32 file. Oh well, it works now so figuring out the why isn't that important I suppose

Friday, September 26, 2008 4:58 PM
  • No, I don't believe any of these Crystal components ever was part of any Windows installation, and, so, Windows updates are probably not touching those files.

I think what happened is that the older components (CR 8.0 and CR 8.5 initial releases) probably used some non-conventional method to save the exported PDF file, and that method was broken by the new releases of Windows. Whereas the newer components (CR 8.5 SP3 and after) seem to use a different approach, that still works on new releases of Windows.

Friday, September 26, 2008 5:11 PM
  •  

Monday, November 10, 2008 4:46 PM
  •  

Hi

I have some clients that are experiencing problems with exporting to PDF or Excel.

When clicking on the export and selecting the required format from the drop down one does not have the option for PDF and one does not have the option to produce Excel.

I know they both had no problems in the past but said ithas now stopped working, I read another thread talking about SP3 coursing problems with the PDF export, but I don't think thats thwe whole problem in this case.

I have got so bogged down in Dll files I am now lost myself.

Could anyone help me please

Thanks in advance

Monday, November 10, 2008 4:50 PM
  • Hi Clare.

You have to deploy the 'u2f' DLL file that corresponds to the export format you want at the %windir%\Crystal folder.

So, in the case of Excel export, you have to deploy the file 'u2fXls.dll' at the folder C:\WINDOWS\Crystal.

And in the case of PDF export, you have to deploy 'u2fPDF.dll'. But, depending on the Crystal Reports version you are using, that one is called 'crxf_pdf.dll'. Also, in the case of PDF exporting, you have to deploy the files 'tslv.dll' (or 'crtslv.dll') and 'ExportModeller.dll'. I commented about those files at the second page of this discussion.

Regards,

Pedro.

Monday, November 10, 2008 8:43 PM
  •  

Hi

I am running Crystal reports 8.5, I have the crxf_pdf file in the windows\crystal directory, but I get no option in the drop down for PDF export.

I also have the Exportmodeller.dll and the crtslv.dll, I tried to register these but I get an error:

"The module "C:\Windows\System32\ExportModeller.dll" was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80020009."

I am running Windows Vista but my clients are using XP with SP3

Any ideas, have I missed something?

Many Thanks,

Tuesday, November 11, 2008 9:36 AM
  • The 'ExportModeller.dll' file has dependencies on the files 'ATL.DLL', 'MSVCP60.DLL' and 'MSVCRT.DLL' (among other), maybe one of those is missing and this could cause error on register (I would bet on 'MSVCP60.DLL'). You can check the dependencies using a tool called Dependency Walker (http://www.dependencywalker.com/).

I think you can leave ExportModeller and crtslv on C:\Windows\System32 folder, but the default folder for those files is %ProgramFiles%\Seagate Software\Shared, so, I prefer to put them there.

Regards,

Pedro.

Tuesday, November 11, 2008 11:18 AM
  • Thanks,

Searching my C: I have all these dll's

If i can't get these registered would this course the export options not to show in the drop down list?

Tuesday, November 11, 2008 11:40 AM
  • I think it could be the cause, yes. Are those 3 files located on C:\Windows\System32 folder?

Tuesday, November 11, 2008 12:00 PM
  • Yes all three files are in the System32 folder, I tried to register one and I get the same error as the exportmodeller.dll.

Thanks,

Tuesday, November 11, 2008 12:46 PM
  • 'MSVCRT.dll' and 'MSVCP60.dll' are not COM-registrable DLLs.

But, wait a minute, you said you are using Windows Vista, right? That can be the problem of registering. Try executing a Comand Prompt as Administrator (right-click and select Execute as Administrator) and execute the register command-line at that prompt.

Tuesday, November 11, 2008 12:55 PM
  • That worked I got that atl.dll registered, but I can't register the crxf_pdf (if this is meant to be registered)

The crxf_pdf is in the windows\crystal folder and I also have u2fxsl.dll in there, but for me xls isn't a problem to export to.

No luck with viewing the Pdf though.

Thanks,

Tuesday, November 11, 2008 2:52 PM
  • The crxf_pdf isn't a registrable one. But, what about ExportModeller.dll and crtslv.dll? Those you have to register.

Tuesday, November 11, 2008 3:05 PM
  • Yes these have registered successfully.

Thanks.

Tuesday, November 11, 2008 3:19 PM
  • Runnig up the report agai and trying to export I am still having no luck in seeing the option to export to PDF?

Thanks,

Wednesday, November 12, 2008 11:30 AM
  • Don't know what it can be now... Do you have the 'crxf_pdf.dll' file on another folder? Try using a tool called 'Modules.exe' to see what DLLs are loaded with your application, and if they are loaded from the correct path. You can find this tool on a folder called TOOLS\Modules, within the Crystal Reports CD.

Regards,

Pedro.

Wednesday, November 12, 2008 2:07 PM
  •  

Hi

Yes I had crxf_pdf.dll is on my desktop and a binary folder on my C:.

The Modules.exe I cannot find, I don;t seem to have a Tools folder in my crystal Reports folder.

I am so stuck

Thanks,

Thursday, November 13, 2008 5:29 PM
  • Hi,

I have the same problem on a WINDOWS 2003 server with SP2.

Export to PDF creates PDF File, but all with 0 kB in size !
    Export as *.xls; *,doc, *.rpt  or other format works.

On a WINDOWS 2003 Server without any Service Packs the export has worked properly.

Is there a definite solution for this problem ?

Best regards
    an
    Wednesday, December 17, 2008 2:32 PM
  • I am having the same problem with everyone else with an application that uses Crystal 8.0 and
    exports to PDFs using the old hotfix addon.  All works fine until put on a machine with XP SP3 or
    upgrade an exising maching to SP3.  When I back off to SP2, problem goes away.
    Your solution earlier in the thread was to install CR 8.5 SP3, will this work with 8.0?
    Bottom line, I think, which are the appopriate DLLS for 8.0 that will fix this problem, and where
    can I get them.
    Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Norman

PS:  If you can send DLLs, please email to norman@goodcomputerhelp.com.  - Thanks!
    Monday, February 09, 2009 5:39 PM
  • Norman, were you able to get all of your export issues resolved?  Like everyone else in this thread, I am using CR 8.5 as part of an older VB6 app and as soon as the customer went to Windows XP SP3 the exports don't show up in the pulldown anymore.

I have updated to the latest revs of the dlls as suggested by others, but none of that is working?  I thought perhaps I would have to change my dll file locations, but that is not working either.

So far, I have updated crpe32.dll, craxdrt.dll, crxf_xls.dll.  I have the u2dapp.dll and u2fxls.dll files in my app directory, where they have always been when it worked.  I have since tried moving those to the Windows\System32 directory to no avail.  I am only trying to get the Excel export option to re-appear. 

I am having no luck.  Any help would be appreciated.
    Tuesday, February 10, 2009 6:03 PM
  • Chris,

I haven't had any more luck than you did despite trying the various DLLs in various locations.  Thus far, the only thing that has
    worked was to uninstall SP3.  My next step is to modify program/reports to use Crystal XI (better long-term solution than
    continuing to patch version 8 or 8.5).  I had been hoping for a quicker fix, but the quick fix didn't work for my app.

Good luck with yours.  Sorry not to be of much help.

Norman
    Thursday, February 12, 2009 5:09 AM
  • LoboFX,

I am running into the same problem as everyone else, "Installed XP-SP3, now getting zero length file when exporting to PDF".  I have a application from a vendor that uses the embeded Crystal 8.0 runtime engine.

I have the following DLL's currently installed and registered:
    ExportModeller.dll (1.0.0.18)
    TSLV.dll (1.0.0.2)
    u2fpdf.dll (8.0.100.13)

What newer files required to get this feature working again.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Steve

Thursday, April 23, 2009 4:15 PM
  • Excellent Lobo. Thanks a lot

Friday, July 31, 2009 8:57 AM
  • Hi guys

My 2 cents:

After several tests, formating and reinstalling XP w/SP2, I can export to PDF.

Basis
      Win XP SP2
      CR8.5
      VB6
      Acrobat 8

DLLs:
    ExportModeller.DLL
      C:\Program files\seagate software\shared\ExportModeller.dll  (v 8.5.0.35) using regsvr32

CRTSLV
      C:\Program files\seagate software\shared\CRTSLV.dll  (v 8.5.0.144) using regsvr32

CRPE32.DLL
      C:\Windows\System32\crpe32.dll  (v 8.5.0.217)

CPEAUT32.DLL
      C:\Windows\System32\cpeaut32.dll  (v 8.5.0.9)  using regsvr32
      This DLL was not on client PC. I did copy it from a development PC.

CRPAIG80.DLL
      C:\Windows\System32\crpaig80.dll  (v 8.0.1.3)

IMPLODE.DLL
      C:\Windows\System32\implode.dll  (v 10/25/2000 w/17.5 Kb)

MFC42.DLL
      C:\Windows\System32\mfc42.dll  (v 6.2.4131.0)

MSVCIRT.DLL
      C:\Windows\System32\msvcirt.dll  (v 7.0.2600.2180)

MSVCP60.DLL
      C:\Windows\System32\msvcp60.dll  (v 6.2.3104.0)

MSVCRT.DLL
      C:\Windows\System32\msvcrt.dll  (v 7.0.2600.2180)

CRXF_PDF.DLL
      C:\Windows\Crystal\crxf_pdf.dll  (v 8.5.0.37)

I hope and I wish it can help you

Carlos

Tuesday, October 06, 2009 4:06 AM
  • Hello

After trying several different solutions suggested on the net,  I finally found why *we* were having problems creating PDF's with VB program using crystal reports 9.

There was a problem with one of the fonts used in the report (and ocr font). After reinstalling the font, the problem dissapeared.

hope it can help someone else as well..!

br

/linus

• Proposed as answer by ian kerry Thursday, December 06, 2012 8:03 PM
    Monday, June 21, 2010 4:17 AM
  • Very good answer !

Fit like a glove to my problem.

Thanks LoboFX !

Rago

Wednesday, November 23, 2011 3:45 PM
  • Hi,

Try copying all dlls (or dlls starts with p*.dll/u*.dll) from C:\Windows\Crystal folder to C:\Windows\System32 folder. It should work.

Vinod

Monday, December 05, 2011 11:13 AM
  • Hi Pedro,

I know it is not right to reply to a 4 year old post, but that would probably show you how desperate I am for the solution of this problem :)) I just hope that you still have the files for this ancient application and you can help.

We are using Crystal Reports 8.0 Developer Edition and it is installed on a Windows Server with IIS, so we are able run reports directly from a URL. Some of our clients OS have been upgraded and their policy do not let them use this old ActiveX in the browser. I was trying to use:

&cmd=EXPORT&EXPORT_FMT=U2FPDF:0

in the URL as explained in the Web Reporting Administrator's Guide to generate PDFs and return that to the browser, but the server returns the following error:

Error encountered by Seagate Page Server
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The error message returned is:
    The export format 'U2FPDF:0' is not supported. [On Page Server: servername.domainname]

I could not find any of those DLLs mentioned in this thread on my server. I have u2fhtml in C:\windows\crystal folder and it's version is 8.0.0.13 and if I use U2FHTML:3 I CAN see the HTML output.

I would really appreciate it, if it is still possible to email me those DLL files.

My email address is st1355 $$at$$ gmail $$$ com

Thanks,

Sinan

• Edited by stopuz Thursday, May 03, 2012 8:10 PM
    Thursday, May 03, 2012 8:06 PM
  • after days if searching - and using CR X1 fully updated, i had this problem, and it was fixed by changing the font!!

thanks a lot.

ian

Thursday, December 06, 2012 8:04 PM