none
Problem with VM of Windows 10: Could not send keys to the virtual machine RRS feed

• Question

• I am having a problem with the above error message when I try to access the VM of Windows 10 running on a Windows 2012 R2 Server.  I also a network interface icon with a red x on it and I am unable to access the VM via RD.  It seems like it could be the integration services.  How do I go about repairing them?
    Saturday, February 16, 2019 4:29 PM

All replies

• After a windows update that is the problem.  I also have a network interface icon on the startup page with a red x thru it so I can't connect with RD either.  I tried command prompt doing a DISM and an SFC but to no avail.  Also tried removing the last update and that did no good either.  Looks like I will have to try and repair the integration services, which Hyper-V manager claims are up to do.  The OS is Windows 10.

Any suggestions?

Saturday, February 16, 2019 3:31 PM
  • Might try removing the update as a test. You've asked in windows server forums. I'd reach out to windows 10 desktop experts in dedicated forum over here.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=win10itprovirt

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Saturday, February 16, 2019 3:46 PM
  • The problem is that I can't get into the VM to do ANYTHING so I can't even remove the update.  I need to fix the integration services on the VM which is in a Windows 2012R2 Hyper-visor.  If you still think I need to go to windows 10 then I will but I would think that the VM expertise would be here.
    Saturday, February 16, 2019 3:50 PM
  • Might also try F8 at startup and try a Safe Mode boot.

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Saturday, February 16, 2019 4:00 PM
  • No keyboard going to VM, that's the problem with the integration services that im trying to fix.

Saturday, February 16, 2019 4:02 PM
  • Might copy the VHD to another host and spin up as a test.

Saturday, February 16, 2019 4:15 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for posting in our forum!

1. What generation is your virtual machine? Generation 1 or  Generation 2. If you are a second-generation virtual machine, you can try using the first-generation virtual machine.

2. As Dave said, you can copy VHD to another host to do a test.

In addition, here is a similar post for your reference:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9f4c83fb-fd27-4e4c-80be-513e7ed58755/hyperv-on-windows-81-64-bit-could-not-send-keys-to-the-virtual-machine?forum=w8itprovirt

Hope this information can help you, if you have any question, please let me know.

Thanks for your time and have a nice day!

Best Regards,

Daniel

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 18, 2019 6:21 AM
  • Hi, 

Was your issue solved?

If yes, would you like to share your solution in order that other community members could find the helpful reply quickly.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help. 

Best Regards,

Daniel

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 20, 2019 9:22 AM
  • Hi,

This is Daniel and wish you all the best!

As this thread has been quiet for a while, we will mark it as ‘Answered’ as the information provided should be helpful. If you need further help, please feel free to reply this post directly so we will be notified to follow it up. You can also choose to unmark the answer as you wish.

BTW, we’d love to hear your feedback about the solution. By sharing your experience you can help other community members facing similar problems. Thanks for your understanding and efforts.

Best Regards,

Daniel

Monday, February 25, 2019 2:29 AM