none
Dual boot 32 bits Windows Vista and 64 bits Windows 7 RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi,
    I would like to know if it is possible to have dual boot of 32 bits Vista and 64 bits Windows 7
    If it is possible, please tell me how to do it.
    Thanks

Thursday, September 17, 2009 3:21 AM

All replies

• Short answer... yes.

On the basis that you have & are starting w/ Vista on a machine it's quite straightforward...

Have a (separate) partion/drive available for Windows 7
    Put your Windows 7 DVD in, tell it to install on the space awaiting it, so to speak
    When it is done & you (re)boot you will get a screen offering you to go to/select either Vista or Windows 7 & 'Bob's your uncle'
    Just pick the 1 you want @ that or any moment.
    Drew - MS Partner / MS Beta Tester / Pres. Computer Issues
    • Edited by Drew1903 Thursday, October 22, 2009 4:32 PM
    Thursday, September 17, 2009 6:38 AM
  • Thanks Drew,

Since I am going to install the trial verion first to test the compatibility of 64bits windows 7(mostly drivers). I would just the burn the cd first then? Install trial windows like you said?
    thanks alot

Thursday, September 17, 2009 3:20 PM
  • Hi LaPetiteAlley,

Please download and run Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor to test your computer.

If all tests are fine, you can install Windows 7 from installation disk directly.

Thanks.
    Friday, September 18, 2009 3:24 AM
  • I have done it, it turned out to be fine. However, I have heard Adobe's flash is not compatible with 64 bits OS.
    Also, is it possible to remove the trial version W7 afterwards? How?
    Appreciated
    Friday, September 18, 2009 3:32 AM
  • I have done it, it turned out to be fine. However, I have heard Adobe's flash is not compatible with 64 bits OS.
    Also, is it possible to remove the trial version W7 afterwards? How?
    Appreciated

1. We can use 32bit browser in 64bit OS.
    2. Regardign to removing trial version, are you mean remove Windows 7 RC and install Windows 7 RTM? If so, backup your data files with WET and clean install Windows 7 RTM.

Thanks.
    Friday, September 18, 2009 7:40 AM