none
Problem installing drivers for PCI Device, SM Bus Controller and Video Controller (VGA Compatible) after installing Windows XP Professional on my E-Machines Computer

Question

• I had a System Crash and had to install a different hard drive on my computer.  The drive that crashed was a 120GB, and I installed a 40GB drive from one of my older computers, as I wasn't sure if this was the problem and didn't want to buy a hard drive and have it not work.  Everything installed ok with a few files that didn't install during the XP installation, one of the files being the OEMBios.bin file.  I have a restoration disk, but it didn't install the driver files I need.  How can I get these drivers installed on my System?  My computer is an E-Machines T3516 Desktop PC.  It originally had 512 MB of Memory, but I installed a 2GB Memory Chip about a year ago, and the computer isn't quite 3 years old.  Also is it advisable for me to get an internal hard drive with more storage space, or should I keep the 40 GB drive in my system since it does boot up my computer and invest in an external hard drive with more storage capacity that is connected via USB?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. 
    Thank you.

sylzbiz2004@yahoo.com
    Wednesday, October 28, 2009 5:56 AM

All replies

• Hi,
    Enter this link and click on drivers.
    This is support site for Your model. Your all drivers are avaible there.

SM Bus will be solved with Intel chipset driver.
    Video controller with Intel video driver.
    I'm not sure what will be PCI device but You may just try to install all drivers from there.

If this last problem will still not be solved then:

Go to Control Panel -> System -> Hardware -> Devices Manager

Click with right button of Your mouse on each yellow sign and choose properties. Then go to bottom details and paste here device id. This way we will know what it is.

Below You've got example how to do it:

Device ID

Device ID

Device ID

If You want to say thanks to anyone just click on Vote As Helpful (which is under every user avatar).

If Your problem is solved please mark then Your thread is with solution.

Wednesday, October 28, 2009 9:40 PM