How do I create installation media for Windows 8 Enterprise?

• I installed a fresh copy of windows 8 enterprise on my pc. I would like to create installation media in case it crashes since windows 8 has crashed a number of times on my laptop. When I try to use the TechNet Professional license key that I used for the installation I get an error that "this product key cannot be used to install a retail version of Windows 8". It will work if I use a Windows 8 Professional key but I don't know if that will recover the Enterprise version if it crashes.

Is there a windows 8 enterprise version of create installation media?

If I use a windows 8 professional key, will the recovery for Windows 8 Enterprise work?

• Edited by Gregger44 Wednesday, July 31, 2013 8:42 PM
    Wednesday, July 31, 2013 8:37 PM

All replies

• I'm really very confused by everything you said.

If you are using Win8ENT installation media, then use a Win8ENT product key.

(Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 9:25 PM
  • If you already installed Windows 8 Enterprise edition, then you should already have the Windows 8 Enterprise installation DVD disc. That's all you need.

Carey Frisch

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 9:35 PM
  • Windows 8 Enterprise is not activated through product key. It should be activate by KMS or MAK. Thanks for your understanding.

About Licensing

Niki Han
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, August 02, 2013 5:12 AM