Windows Update error: 80244019 RRS feed

• Question

• I can't search for updates on one of my computers, unsure why. I have yet to google anything but will be doing so shortly.

Edit: The issue is resolved. I was following this and everything except the very last item on the list, was fine. I assume Software Licensing is a Windows 8 service as it doesn't exist on the Windows 7 computer.

I resolved the issue by simply restarting the Windows Update service (I also changed it from a Automatic (Delayed start) to Automatic but that wouldn't have impacted the current Windows session).

Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Mother Board | 6GB DDR3 1600 RAM | Auzentech Forte Soundcard | Gainward Geforce GTX 560Ti "Phantom 2" 2GB (latest drivers) | Windows 7 Home Premium x64 | Corsair Ax760 Power Supply | Thermaltake Armor+ MX case

Wednesday, April 22, 2015 11:38 AM

Answers

• Hello Franpa,

Thanks for your feedback.

Best regards,

Fangzhou CHEN

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 23, 2015 7:19 AM

All replies

• Hello Franpa,

Thanks for your feedback.

Best regards,

Fangzhou CHEN

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 23, 2015 7:19 AM
  • In order to fix Windows Update Error 80244019, we need to undertake the following fixes:

Restart various WU related services.
    Turn on Data Execution Prevention (DEP).
    Use Windows Update troubleshooter.
    Reconfigure Windows Update settings.
    Get the required Updates manually.
    Monday, August 3, 2020 11:22 AM