none
Error while upgrading from windows xp to vista... RRS feed

• Question

• Trying to upgrade from Windows xp to Vista Ultimate beta 2  5384 build on my laptop, but i keep getting an error
    "An error has occured while copying Setup files onto your local machine. Error code is [80070241]"
    I am trying to install it off a dvd, any help would be awesome, Thanks in advance!

Sunday, July 23, 2006 8:52 PM

All replies

• Your best bet is to try a clean installation of vista.  I would recommend you to do an upgrade of vista because it will complicate things.

Try it and let me know.

Monday, August 28, 2006 12:42 AM
  • i had this too on upgrading and with clean install, have u found the problem yet
    Saturday, September 2, 2006 10:44 AM
  • So far, I have a chance to review your problem but it may sound like a program wrote when you first downloaded the beta to version of Windows Vista.  Microsoft has just released the second version of Windows Vista entitled release candidate 1 where there's all the bug fixes has been patched. You may want too try downloading that before it becomes unavailable. In the meantime, can you please give me a brief description of your computer system and I'll try to further evaluate your problem.
    Friday, September 8, 2006 4:26 PM