none
Windows 7 Sleep Problem

Question

• Hi,

I have HP Probook 4510s with windows 7 64bit ultimate installed on it.

The system normally goes to sleep or hibernate. But when i try to wake up some of system components are note waked up, as wlan and sound card, even if i try to plug in usb mouse they don't recognize it. When i play some music the system crashes.

When i try to restart ... the restart procedure is taking more than 20min.

I have latest updates but there is still problem.

in addition here is my powercfg report:

Power Policy:Dim timeout is disabled (On Battery)
    The display is not configured to automatically dim after a period of inactivity.

Power Policy:PCI Express ASPM is disabled (On Battery)
    The current power policy for PCI Express Active State Power Management (ASPM) is configured to Off.

Power Policy:Display timeout disabled (Plugged In)
    The display is not configured to turn off after a period of inactivity.

Power Policy:Dim timeout is disabled (Plugged In)
    The display is not configured to automatically dim after a period of inactivity.

Power Policy:PCI Express ASPM is disabled (Plugged In)
    The current power policy for PCI Express Active State Power Management (ASPM) is configured to Off.

System Availability Requests:System Required Request
    The device or driver has made a request to prevent the system from automatically entering sleep.
    Requesting Driver Instance     HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_11D4&DEV_194A&SUBSYS_103C3075&REV_1004\4&36ea0f3c&0&0001
    Requesting Driver Device     High Definition Audio Device

USB Suspend:USB Device not Entering Suspend
    The USB device did not enter the Suspend state. Processor power management may be prevented if a USB device does not enter the Suspend state when not in use.
    Device Name     USB Root Hub
    Host Controller ID     PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2934
    Host Controller Location     PCI bus 0, device 29, function 0
    Device ID     USB\VID_8086&PID_2934
    Port Path    

USB Suspend:USB Device not Entering Suspend
    The USB device did not enter the Suspend state. Processor power management may be prevented if a USB device does not enter the Suspend state when not in use.
    Device Name     USB Input Device
    Host Controller ID     PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2934
    Host Controller Location     PCI bus 0, device 29, function 0
    Device ID     USB\VID_046D&PID_C018
    Port Path     1
    CPU Utilization:Processor utilization is high
    The average processor utilization during the trace was high. The system will consume less power when the average processor utilization is very low. Review processor utilization for individual processes to determine which applications and services contribute the most to total processor utilization.
    Average Utilization (%)     38.52
    Platform Power Management Capabilities:PCI Express Active-State Power Management (ASPM) Disabled
    PCI Express Active-State Power Management (ASPM) has been disabled due to a known incompatibility with the hardware in this computer.

this is marked as an error in report.

When I have W7 32bit professional the sleep mode worked perfectly... (and makes me very happy :) )

any idea?

regards

Wednesday, August 25, 2010 10:00 PM

Answers

All replies