none
Windows live Movie maker NO SOUND

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for posting in Microsoft TechNet Forum.

What are the formats of downloaded files? Some types of files may not be supported in Windows Live Movie Maker, please add the built in Sample Music to Windows Live Movie Maker and see if the sound is fine. Meanwhile, please make sure that the volume of the music isn't muted in Windows Live Movie Maker, you can check under Music Tools==>Options==>Audio==>Music volume.

Best Regards.

Dale Qiao

Friday, August 21, 2009 7:13 AM
  • Having Vista U. 32 Multi Boot, I just copied Vista's Movie Maker from (F):\Program Files To W. 7's.

I wanted to reduce .wmv for email. Did that; could fix your problem if Live M.M. Beta will not work. 
    Friday, August 21, 2009 8:29 AM
  • It is strange, it seems to work ok with wmv files and some ts files. I have a lot of TS files from recordings using WinTV 7 Hauppauge tuner.

I have 20 TS files in a file with some wmv, when I drag them to MM live  beta latest, some have sound when I try to edit them. But most will not show sound. All the TS files are from Hauppauge.

I just went back to the Vista MM and it works GREAT, I can edit take out commercials etc. I put them on youtube under raymondoo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s79niMb_CjE&feature=channel

I did this under Vista MM from a 30 minute TC file

I can not figure out how to use Windows Live MM, I spent all day trying to cut a 30 minute TS recording down to the 5 minutes shown above. I used the Start and End  etc, feel I should know how to do. I try to use Cut,Split etc but when I publish it get the full 30 minutes.

Ray
    Saturday, August 22, 2009 6:01 AM
  • Don't know if is pertinent to your scenarion but works for me:

TV for me on Mac Pro is old external "myTV.PVR", works on Mac, all Windows-non 64Bit; USB plug. In Vista U., for example, recorded two DVDs with Beijing Open/Close ceremonies using Hauppauge WinTV Viewer, Windows Movie M. & Windows DVD M.

Software & Drivers for me from Hauppauge site in (Hauppauge_cd_3.4d) download. Removed advertisements with M.Maker. Recording format is, for example, Cbl-14_20090821_204542.mpg, call it zzz. Movie maker does not change original file.

M.Maker edit works on imported zzz (activated-ClickIt) current import: you can slide viewer progress bar without playing till just before advert start then Cut. Results in zzz reduction (drag it to timeline) & procede with zzz(1) created by cut which includes advert & rest of recording. Cut at end of advert will result in zzz(2). RightClick->Cut zzz(1) which is only advert. Continue to end of recording. Publish to DVD opens DVD Maker- continuous.

MCenter Recordings (Dvr-ms, Wtv) are more cumbersome, includes closed caption? whatnot. Never tried to edit one.

Saturday, August 22, 2009 11:31 AM
  • I have the  tuner 2250 with ver CD 1.1e
    This version of WinTV v7 is for digital TV, both QAM and ATSC, plus analog cable TV. It can be used with the following WinTV products:
    • WinTV-HVR-950Q
    • WinTV-HVR-850
    • WinTV-HVR-2250
    • WinTV-HVR-1250
    • WinTV-HVR-1800/1850
    • WinTV-HVR-1600

Do you have the "TS" file?

Did you get the "latest" Windows live Movie Maker beta as this JUST came out for W7  ??

It may work for wtv files, but not for ts files

Will try your routine on Media Center  wtv files. I record in HD on 7 stations in LA area. I do not put on DVD so have to make
    a wmv file for use on youtube.

Youtube will take a TS file, works great, however MM will after editing, change the format.

Looking for a TS editor.

Ray

Saturday, August 22, 2009 4:26 PM
  • Finally found Music Tools , then I can see volume. Music Tools does not show on upper line all the time, something is wrong.

The volume can go up or down but it is muted all the time even with wmv files or with TS files that work and on TS files that do not work.

Most of the time only Video Tools show and then can see video Volume. How can we get Music Tools to show???

Ray
    Saturday, August 22, 2009 7:18 PM
  • Do you have the "TS" file?
    Never had seen  .TS file; I just downloaded WinTV 7 from Hauppauge.com which includes drivers for all Haup. + Viewer etc. Did not know it existed. If .Ts is a problem for you, you can, in WinTV 7 "Gear" Icon setting->Advanced Options select auto convert MPEG-2 recordings to .MPG & 3rd party decoder MainConcept(HCW)...  Results in .MPG recorded & can be edited with Movie Maker.

Did you get the "latest" Windows live Movie Maker beta as this JUST came out for W7  ??
    Neither it nor Vista Movie Maker know .TS format as I see it. I have beta but use version copied from Vista U. 32Bit F:\Program Files\Movie Maker to Windows 7 \Program Files. It is easier to edit .MPG & .WTV - from Media Center recording.

I do not remember music tools

Saturday, August 22, 2009 11:10 PM
  • I found an earlier version of Movie Maker 2.6 that seems to work on W7

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=D6BA5972-328E-4DF7-8F9D-068FC0F80CFC&displaylang=en

I think the Movie Maker on Vista is different.

I will try moving it from Vista to W7 as you said.
       I just copied Vista's Movie Maker from (F):\Program Files To W. 7's.

Tools is hard to find comes and goes! I dont understand it.

TS is the way to go as youtube accepts it and downloads faster when you look at a youtube file.

See files I put under youtube as raymondoo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JC09F6x36wU&feature=channel

or
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhV_00iYo5k&feature=channel
    Some are in HD I believe they were TS types or others were wmv not as good

Monday, August 24, 2009 4:48 AM
  • Cllcking HD setting gives Awesome video quality, but found audio/video sync is out. Thought it might be Flash Player so tried this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NOaEzG-q6M&feature=channel where A/V is O/K.

My wish, rather than uploading to YouTube, is to loop-stream something like
    http://www.apple.com/quicktime/guide/hd/bbc-andes.html  via unrollable thin film screen covering an outside wall of my house. Maybe selecting the precious pink flamingos, editing out remainder.

This is another http://www.apple.com/quicktime/guide/hd/cornell.html that would be great unedited.

More here: http://www.apple.com/quicktime/guide/hd/

Unfortunately unrollable thin film screen is not yet available.

Monday, August 24, 2009 1:26 PM
  • Yes I believe the one with Leann Rimes out of sync, was a problem with youtube.  I just looked at the origional TS file and it plays back on Media Player, it is NOT out of sync.

MPEG-2 TS Video 344,521 KB

Will look at the Apple info. I am not familar with Apple programs, I have been a Windows type since earliest DOS came out from Digital Research, which Bill Gates stole  from Gary Kildall for $50000. I have Vista Ultimate Bill Gates Signature Edition.
    http://www.cadigital.com/kildall.htm

I still cant make the W Live MM beta work.

Mylie below is not out of sync and in full HD, believe I did this under WinTv 7 and  Vista.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77HxyjWX1_k&feature=channel

I need to enhance the sound level from WinTV 7.

Ray
    Monday, August 24, 2009 6:56 PM
  • Do you have the "TS" file?
    Never had seen  .TS file; I just downloaded WinTV 7 from Hauppauge.com which includes drivers for all Haup. + Viewer etc. Did not know it existed. If .Ts is a problem for you, you can, in WinTV 7 "Gear" Icon setting->Advanced Options select auto convert MPEG-2 recordings to .MPG & 3rd party decoder MainConcept(HCW)...  Results in .MPG recorded & can be edited with Movie Maker.

Neither it nor Vista Movie Maker know .TS format as I see it. I have beta but use version copied from Vista U. 32Bit F:\Program Files\Movie Maker to Windows 7 \Program Files. It is easier to edit .MPG & .WTV - from Media Center recording.

I do not remember music tools

WinTV 7 "Gear" Icon setting->Advanced Options select auto convert MPEG-2 recordings to .MPG & 3rd party decoder MainConcept(HCW)...  Results in .MPG recorded & can be edited with Movie Maker.

I just did this and tried to edit BUT no sound! May be able to edit but still NO sound. W Live MM beta. Latest ver, I tried to download again Essentials, but says I have latest.

http://download.live.com/

Ray

Tuesday, August 25, 2009 1:06 AM
  • In Windows 7 U. 32Bit, my successful edit attempt including audio with WinTV 7->.MPG was using 
    Movie Maker from Vista U. 32bit Movie maker. This under Help drop down shows Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows Version 6.1 (Build 7100), Movie Maker Version 6.0.6002.18005. The LiveBeta version has no Help drop down.

A single trim/cut also worked with the Live Beta Publish; RightClicking resulting output
    MyMovie.Wmv->Details-> "Audio" shows 192kbps (uncut/input was 224kbps and Vista's M.M output was 133kbps?), 2 channels, Audio Sample Rate 48 kHz. I might have tried more editing but it has no time line to add to. A very Beta version.

So, WinTV 7 Version 1.0.27174.0 with this *Realtek High Def Version 6.0.1.5888 sound works with M.M. in this, my case. You could try update to your *Sound? from their site and/or previous version from Hauppauge. You'll find that they have a "Recorded" editor which may be better than it was in the past possibly? including .TS format?.

My PC experience started before Windows using Basic for menus & calls to programmable Ashton Tate Dbase type thing, RS-232ed to production line for data, inventoried/shipment detail sent RJE Xmit to I.B.M. Mainframe where transmission made to Rail (TDCC) Customers (EMBARC), Brokers (Roll your own), Bills of lading return, Invoicing, Blah blah. Evolved into contracted Redmond company doing finishing line Stratus computer interface<-> AS400s,<->Mainframe.

If you've never written an AS400 Rpg program that emulates itself to be 3270 device talking to a Stratus computer which at the time had no other option, you just don't know what you've missed.

Tuesday, August 25, 2009 10:49 AM
  • In Windows 7 U. 32Bit, my successful edit attempt including audio with WinTV 7->.MPG was using 
    Movie Maker from Vista U. 32bit Movie maker. This under Help drop down shows Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows Version 6.1 (Build 7100), Movie Maker Version 6.0.6002.18005. The LiveBeta version has no Help drop down.

A single trim/cut also worked with the Live Beta Publish; RightClicking resulting output
    MyMovie.Wmv->Details-> "Audio" shows 192kbps (uncut/input was 224kbps and Vista's M.M output was 133kbps?), 2 channels, Audio Sample Rate 48 kHz. I might have tried more editing but it has no time line to add to. A very Beta version.

So, WinTV 7 Version 1.0.27174.0 with this *Realtek High Def Version 6.0.1.5888 sound works with M.M. in this, my case. You could try update to your *Sound? from their site and/or previous version from Hauppauge. You'll find that they have a "Recorded" editor which may be better than it was in the past possibly? including .TS format?.

My PC experience started before Windows using Basic for menus & calls to programmable Ashton Tate Dbase type thing, RS-232ed to production line for data, inventoried/shipment detail sent RJE Xmit to I.B.M. Mainframe where transmission made to Rail (TDCC) Customers (EMBARC), Brokers (Roll your own), Bills of lading return, Invoicing, Blah blah. Evolved into contracted Redmond company doing finishing line Stratus computer interface<-> AS400s,<->Mainframe.

If you've never written an AS400 Rpg program that emulates itself to be 3270 device talking to a Stratus computer which at the time had no other option, you just don't know what you've missed.

I have given up, going to wait till we get a FINAL ver of Windows Live Movie Maker Beta and RTM.

Put all my videos togeter and found the following

wmv all work yes
    mkv no
    TS mostly no but one works out of 50
    mpg yes
    mpg no when WinTV generates TS and mpg at the same tme
    wtv no
    dvr-ms yes

Going to copy this to Microsoft above

Ray
    Friday, August 28, 2009 6:30 AM
  • I have given up, going to wait till we get a FINAL ver of Windows Live Movie Maker Beta and RTM.

wmv all work yes
    mkv no
    mpg yes
    wtv no
    dvr-ms yes

Ray
    • Proposed as answer by santos duarte Sunday, April 11, 2010 1:59 AM
    Friday, August 28, 2009 6:32 AM
  • I have given up, going to wait till we get a FINAL ver of Windows Live Movie Maker Beta and RTM.

wmv all work yes
    mkv no
    mpg yes
    wtv no
    dvr-ms yes

Ray
    Friday, August 28, 2009 5:44 PM
  • WHERE did you find Music Tools??