none
My Task Scheduler is a mess

Question

• I don't know where to start. My Task Scheduler is a mess. When I start it 3 pop-ups come up

1. Task mcupdate_scheduled: The task image is corrupt or has been tampered with

2. Task DispatchRecoveryTask: The task image is corrupt or has been tampered with

3. Task UpdateLibrary: The task image is corrupt or has been tampered with

Lastly, in the Actions Pane, when I click on Display All Running Tasks, a pop-up says The task image is corrupt or has been tampered with. When I click on it again, it says "Task Scheduler is not available. Verify that the service is running. Well, it IS running. It is set to start automatically and it is "started".

It has been suggested to me that I find the Task and delete it and then do the same in my registry. However, I cannot see what the task is to re=create it.

I had never used the task scheduler until I needed to add a task. I have Win7 Ultimate 64-bit. I have only been using this desktop w/ this OS for 4 weeks.

Thank you in advancve for any suggestions anyone may have...like the specific task that the corrupt image has, it's settings, etc.

Sincerely,

Doug Shreve

Friday, March 22, 2013 11:33 PM

Answers

• This situation has not started by itself. What had you done before it has happened? Any installation, browsing in the wild pages, any update and change of systém configuration? Are there any traces in event logs?

Could you specify the task, that you created? Settings may be important.

Regards

Milos

Saturday, March 23, 2013 5:46 AM

All replies

• Doug

This probably ties into your other thread and probably should be examined together.  Of course if you have a restore point from prior to the issue that might be a good start.

Can you run a system file check to verify the OS ?

To do this type cmd in search,  right click to run as administrator, then type
    SFC /SCANNOW   (note the space between SFC_/scannow)

It may need to be run up to three times before successful
    Let us know the results from the report at the end

Read here for more information
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833 

Wanikiya & Dyami -Team-ZigZag. www.ZigZag3143.com email Admin@zigzag3143.com

Saturday, March 23, 2013 12:21 AM
  • This situation has not started by itself. What had you done before it has happened? Any installation, browsing in the wild pages, any update and change of systém configuration? Are there any traces in event logs?

Could you specify the task, that you created? Settings may be important.

Regards

Milos

Saturday, March 23, 2013 5:46 AM