none
Get all my Microsoft Office Apps back to my new account RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

Few weeks ago I had an issue realted with my hotmail account and for security porpuses I decided to change my account (create a new one).

The thing is, I decided to add my new account to my laptop HP Envy with windows 10, and of course I made the account as a new adm. Everything went perfect, but when I tried to open Word I couldn't find it. As a matter of fact none of my Microsoft Office Professional Pkus 2013 apps (Excel, Word, Power Point, etc..) nor other apps that I got (Visio, Project 2013) appeared. 

I need help so I can manage all my ald documents that I worked with my all account and also I can work with the Microsoft Apps that I have in my old account. Is there a way to move all the apps from my old account to my new one? 

Friday, August 7, 2015 12:23 AM

Answers

• Hi Despcustomer,

It seems to be that the only way to make Office 2013 to work with the other user account on the same computer is to access the installed folder and create shortcuts from there.

Follow the steps:
    1. Go to Computer ->C Drive ->Program Files.  For64bit OS: Go to Program Files (x86)
    2. Go Microsoft Office ->Office 15

Open the following applications and check:
    Word : winword.exe
    Excel : excel.exe
    PowerPoint: Powerpnt.exe
    OneNote: OneNote.exe
    Outlook: outlook.exe

If you are able to open, then create shortcuts by right clicking on aplpication -> Create shortcut (Desktop).

Besides, we may take a try to do a repair install and see if this would work:

https://support.office.com/en-us/Article/Repair-an-Office-application-7821d4b6-7c1d-4205-aa0e-a6b40c5bb88b

If any further questions regarding office 2013 usage, please consider seek help at the forum below:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/home?forum=officesetupdeploy

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Saturday, August 8, 2015 6:58 AM

All replies