none
Driver for HP Printer M1005 MFP

Question

• How can I get/install necessary Windows 7 compatible driver for HP Printer M1005 MFP ?
    I tried to install it from driver CD provided by HP, but its does not serve the purpose. Nothing I could find on web as well.

Any help ?
    Tuesday, June 02, 2009 10:47 AM

Answers

• Hello Neurofox,

First you might keep windows update regularly to obtain the latest driver for your device. Note: Drivers on the Windows Update site are directly provided by hardware manufacturers. Microsoft tests drivers in various environments before they are published; however, we cannot guarantee all drivers will work on all hardware platforms as there are too many different models, although their hardware ID are the same as the standard version. In some cases, due to hardware modifications by different manufacturers, the driver updates may cause some error.

If it does not work on your issue, I'd suggest you installing the Vista driver in Compatibility mode. Remove and rescan that hardware device in Device Manager, right-click on the driver executable/installer file -> Properties and select the Compatibility tab; click the checkbox before Run this program in Compatibility mode for option and select Windows Vista in the list-down box; then try installing the device driver. In addition, you can use the Windows XP driver for testing.

Meanwhile, please understand that Windows 7 is a new operating system and whole driverstore has been reprogrammed; you might wait for another period of time till the retail version is released and push the vendor company(HP) to release the upgrade driver for their device. Thanks for your time and understanding!

For more details, please look at the first Sticky thread at the top of this forum.

What can I do if my hardware does not work?

This will give you some guidelines.

Good Luck!

• Marked as answer by Andy Song Monday, June 08, 2009 10:42 AM
    Wednesday, June 03, 2009 10:42 AM

All replies

• Hi!

It's simple, if the hp website doesn't still have the windows 7 drivers, you can just download the vista 32/64 bits driver (according to your version of W7) and install it. All the vista drivers works fine on Windows 7.

See ya!
    • Proposed as answer by Anderson Gualbano Tuesday, June 02, 2009 12:02 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Adam M MCP Monday, June 08, 2009 2:39 PM
    Tuesday, June 02, 2009 12:02 PM
  • You can try the Windows Vista driver. They usually work, but not every time. If it fails you can try in compatibility mode. Just right click the exe, choose properties, choose the compatibility tab, then choose Windows Vista from the drop down.
    Tuesday, June 02, 2009 6:45 PM
  • Hello Neurofox,

First you might keep windows update regularly to obtain the latest driver for your device. Note: Drivers on the Windows Update site are directly provided by hardware manufacturers. Microsoft tests drivers in various environments before they are published; however, we cannot guarantee all drivers will work on all hardware platforms as there are too many different models, although their hardware ID are the same as the standard version. In some cases, due to hardware modifications by different manufacturers, the driver updates may cause some error.

If it does not work on your issue, I'd suggest you installing the Vista driver in Compatibility mode. Remove and rescan that hardware device in Device Manager, right-click on the driver executable/installer file -> Properties and select the Compatibility tab; click the checkbox before Run this program in Compatibility mode for option and select Windows Vista in the list-down box; then try installing the device driver. In addition, you can use the Windows XP driver for testing.

Meanwhile, please understand that Windows 7 is a new operating system and whole driverstore has been reprogrammed; you might wait for another period of time till the retail version is released and push the vendor company(HP) to release the upgrade driver for their device. Thanks for your time and understanding!

For more details, please look at the first Sticky thread at the top of this forum.

What can I do if my hardware does not work?

This will give you some guidelines.

Good Luck!

• Marked as answer by Andy Song Monday, June 08, 2009 10:42 AM
    Wednesday, June 03, 2009 10:42 AM
  • Neurofox,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Windows 7 machine and downloading a printer driver.  You might want to consult the windows 7 forum at microsoft.com/springboard, there may some information about compatibility with your system, please keep in mind, if your system was stable before, and you have the Vista Drivers they will work with Windows 7, so you may want to revert to them.
    Thanks,
    Glen

Monday, June 08, 2009 2:33 PM
  • Hi Glen,

My situation is a bit different in view of the fact that I installed the Windows 7 in a clean HDD. Excepting for the problem with M1005 MFP, my sytem is running well.
    Thanks for your response.

Neurofox
    Wednesday, July 01, 2009 8:13 AM
  • Hi Glen & Everyone,

Just 5 minutes back, finally I found the solution to compatibility problem of HP Laserjet M1005 MFP driver for Windows 7 (clean installation on formatted HDD).

I downloaded the driver installation file "ljM1005-HB-pnp-win2kxp-en" for Win2K from HP site. Then I installed it in compatibility mode, selecting XP SP2. In was a success & the printer is working perfectly.

Now I will try for the scan driver, adopting the same way. If I succeeed, I'll inform the forum.

Thanks a lot for the continued support.

Regards.

Neurofox
    Saturday, July 04, 2009 4:24 PM
  • Hi Neurofox,

HP Printer M1005 MFP for Windows 7 Driver Software download
    Good Luck

Friday, April 23, 2010 6:33 PM
  • Hi, go to download page of HP printer drivers, follow the procedure, just change the driver language to not English(Dutch,  It Did work for me.).
    Friday, February 10, 2012 9:09 PM
  • Hi Brooklynwalnz , I find and use this hp driver. good
    Thursday, March 15, 2012 9:10 PM