none
Move Emails from Windows 8 Mail app to Outlook 13 RRS feed

• Question

• OK, I gave the Mail app on my Windows 8 laptop. Hate it. Can I move the folders/emails

from the Mail app to Outlook 2013?

Friday, August 15, 2014 11:36 PM

Answers

• Hi,

The email of Mail APP store the following path:

C:\Users\User Name\AppData\Local\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\Indexed\LiveComm

You can check it and open them with OutLook.

Roger Lu
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, August 19, 2014 5:32 AM
  • TXS

If you use the same email address for both you can "sync" the win 8 mail app to Outlook2013.

The best place to ask this question is where the experts are.  They are here

There is also an alternative to Office 2013 if you dont already have it called windows live mail.  It is free and is substantially more feature rich than the win 8 mail app but uses less resources than office 2013.

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

Saturday, August 16, 2014 12:03 AM

All replies

• TXS

If you use the same email address for both you can "sync" the win 8 mail app to Outlook2013.

The best place to ask this question is where the experts are.  They are here

There is also an alternative to Office 2013 if you dont already have it called windows live mail.  It is free and is substantially more feature rich than the win 8 mail app but uses less resources than office 2013.

Saturday, August 16, 2014 12:03 AM
  • Could you point me to where this sync process is detailed?
    Saturday, August 16, 2014 1:15 AM
  • TX

Sync for Office 2013 or for Windows live mail?

Saturday, August 16, 2014 1:31 AM
  • Hi,

The email of Mail APP store the following path:

C:\Users\User Name\AppData\Local\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\Indexed\LiveComm

You can check it and open them with OutLook.

Roger Lu
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, August 19, 2014 5:32 AM
  • You can use A third party tool to convert your windows 8 messages to Outlook 2013 without having any problem. You can download this software from here : http://www.datavare.com/software/eml-to-pst-converter-expert.html
    Thursday, November 23, 2017 11:08 AM