none
Error 0x80070522: A required privilege is not held by the client on windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi team,

As i am trying to create any folder in my C drive but its giving me the error: 0x80070522: A required privilege is not held by the client.

As i have update my windows fully but still the issue is occurring,

Note: I am using Windows 10 IoT LTSB 2016 1607 version.

in same device i have create a another user but still its giving the same error i have formatted my windows but still the issue is there, 

Please needful help.

Wednesday, October 16, 2019 11:20 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Suggest you to run System File Checker scan:

1. Search for 'command prompt' using Cortana or Windows Search.

2. From results, right click on Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.

3. Type sfc /scannow command and press Enter key.

4. Let the command complete and then reboot the machine.

If issue still persists, perform clean boot:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

Let us know if this helps!

Microsoft MVP (Windows and Devices for IT)

Windows Insider MVP

Windows Help & Support [www.kapilarya.com]

Wednesday, October 16, 2019 12:07 PM
  • Dera Mr. Kapil 

Thanks for the reply.

But as i mention in my query i have already reformat my system two time and which you suggest me the scan now before posting my query i have did all these thing please can you suggest me any correct reason of this,

i have other system and same application same configuration in other system but this issue is not occurring only one/two system i am facing this issue.

So please suggest me 

Thursday, October 17, 2019 3:58 AM
  • Hi,

You can try to lower your UAC. Type UAC in search bar, and  open Change User Accounting Control Settings, set the bar to the lowest.

And restart your computer to see if this works for you.

If this not working for you, please refer to the following link,

‘A required privilege is not held by the client’ https://www.thewindowsclub.com/required-privilege-not-held-client

Best regards.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 17, 2019 9:55 AM
  • Hi, 

Any updates? 

Best regards. 

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, October 18, 2019 8:29 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking to see if the information provided is helpful.

If you think the answer is helpful, please mark it as a reply, which will help more users get valid information.

Best regards.

Monday, October 21, 2019 8:56 AM