none
Looking for Wndows 7 driver support for HP notebook 15-da0012dx RRS feed

• Question

• I have a secondhand HP notebook model 15-da0012dx (Pavilion)? I want to install Windows 7 on it.

HP does not provide basic Windows 7 drivers for this machine (chipset, video, network, audio and storage).

I have tried to find these drivers on microsoft.com, but no luck so far. Can somebody tell me how to get them? 

(Respondents: Please don't lecture me about the obsolescence of Windows 7.)

Friday, May 10, 2019 11:30 PM

All replies

• You go to the support website found @ support.hp.com and find the support for your notebook.  HP is the sole source for the system drivers for your hardware. If HP does not have Windows 7 drivers for your system, you may not be able to install Windows 7 at all as Microsoft has decided to block Windows 7 on all newer CPUs.

Microsoft does not write nor distribute hardware drivers for and 3rd party hardware or products.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Saturday, May 11, 2019 5:14 PM
  • P.S.

You will not be able to install Windows 7 because you system has a 128 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD and there is no support in Windows 7 for NVME hardware - you would not be able to find the drive for installation!

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Saturday, May 11, 2019 5:18 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft TechNet Forum.

I'm afraid that you can't get the win7 driver. It is recommended that you try to upgrade your windows to the latest version.

After upgrading to the latest version, you will find HP Notebook - 15-da0012dx in official website.

Hope the above information will help you.

Best regards,

Hurry

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, May 13, 2019 6:03 AM
  • Hi Caroline.

The page for your notebook on the HP web site does not list drivers for Windows 7, therefore I presume that Windows version is not supported on your computer.
    You could contact HP Support and ask information about Windows 7 compatibility for your PC.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MOS, MTA, MCTS, MCSA, MCSE

Monday, May 13, 2019 7:00 AM
  • Hi,
    How things are going there on this issue?
    Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

Best regards,

Hurry

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, May 15, 2019 1:15 AM