Explorer - Navigation pane - Quick Access: how to avoid the annoying jump to the bottom of the pane when selecting a folder ? RRS feed

• Question

• Something that is a little frustrating: once selecting a folder from the 'Quick Access' list in the Navigation pane, the folder is selected alright but I prefer it to be displayed in the middle of the pane, whereas, right now, it is at the very bottom of that same pane.

Vainly tried to find an answer on that.

=

=

A second issue is that mostly the navigation pane is very narrow and I need to resize it every time. Is there a way to set this for once and for all ?

Thanks

=

=

Wednesday, December 9, 2015 7:14 AM

Answers

• A second issue is that mostly the navigation pane is very narrow and I need to resize it every time.

Do I have to wait for a boot to see that symptom?  FWIW I widened the pane, pressed F11 to see that it didn't need to be redone for Fullscreen mode, pressed Alt-F4 to close it, pressed Win-E to open it again and saw the same width preserved.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

• Proposed as answer by Michael_LS Tuesday, December 15, 2015 8:30 AM
    • Marked as answer by Deason Wu Friday, December 25, 2015 7:07 AM
    Sunday, December 13, 2015 2:41 AM

All replies

• Hi Mike884,

Currnetly there seems to be not such auto-settings that could enable the navigation pane to auto expand the width.

The available settings on the navigation pane is the following three:

For the features that you would like to achieve, please consider submit it using the Windows Feedback Tool.

Some more reference:

what's changed in file explorer

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-whats-changed-in-file-explorer

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, December 10, 2015 5:57 AM
  • Thanks. Bad luck.

Likely I am the only one having issues with this, so I am afraid it makes no sense submitting feedback.
    Frankly I was hoping for some hidden trick or registry setting, whatever.

Thanks anyway.

=

Saturday, December 12, 2015 3:11 PM
  • A second issue is that mostly the navigation pane is very narrow and I need to resize it every time.

Do I have to wait for a boot to see that symptom?  FWIW I widened the pane, pressed F11 to see that it didn't need to be redone for Fullscreen mode, pressed Alt-F4 to close it, pressed Win-E to open it again and saw the same width preserved.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

• Marked as answer by Deason Wu Friday, December 25, 2015 7:07 AM
    Sunday, December 13, 2015 2:41 AM