none
Surface Book WiFi connectivity issue RRS feed

• Question

• I just bought a Sruface Book and installed all the available updates from Windows Update. After days of use I've noticed that when I try to connect to any WiFi Network the  adapters tries to connect and fails multiple times, then it stops working completely.

When I open the device manager it shows the adapter appearing and disappearing from the "Network Adapters" list, as I stated before, this happens every time y try to connect to a new or old WiFi network or even when the laptop is in "sleep" mode.

I've tried multiple solutions posted on this page, like uninstalling the drivers and letting windows install them automatically and nothing works. The weird part is that it doesn't matter which version of the driver I've installed, if I plug the charger everything works instantly and on the first try.

Monday, March 5, 2018 7:27 PM

All replies

• Firstly, run Internet Connection troubleshooter.

Next, using High performance power plan.

finally, open Device Manager, select your WiFi adapter, then select the Power Management tab. Uncheck the box that allows the computer to turn off the WiFi adapter to save power.

Have  a try please.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 6, 2018 3:16 AM
  • Hi,

"Firstly, run Internet Connection troubleshooter."

This doesn't work because when the adapter is trying to connect it says there's no problem and when the network adapter malfunctions it states: "The Marvell AVASTAR Wireless-AC Network Controller adapter is experiencing driver or hardware related problems."

And I can't activate the adapter unless I restart the system.

"Next, using High performance power plan."

I've tried with setting "CsEnabled = 0" in the registry and then selecting High performance plan or the command "powercfg -setactive 8c5e7fda-e8bf-4a96-9a85-a6e23a8c635c" but there's no difference.

That's why I highlighted the text about the charger, It seems a lot of users returned their surface books because of Marvell Network chipset.

Thanks for the help.

Tuesday, March 6, 2018 5:05 PM