none
Pinned Items Missing from Taskbar after Windows 10 Update RRS feed

• Question

• I installed a Windows 10 update last night [2018-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based Systems update: ~ 13318KB (KB4099989)] on my laptop. When I turned it on this morning, the items I have pinned to the taskbar are all missing. The taskbar is showing all of the system icons, calendar/clock, notifications, search field, Windows icon/start, and the items I currently have open.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

I attempted to simply add my question as a "I'm having the same issue" to a threat, but when I clicked on the reply button nothing happened. Now, I'm new to this, so it's very possible I wasn't doing something I needed to do or doing something wrong. Can anyone guide me as to what caused that issue?

Thanks in advance!!

Wednesday, May 2, 2018 3:06 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Is it a domain account or local account?

Normally, Windows Update will not affect your configuration and settings. Please try to check if the pinned taskbar will go back to previous status after uninstall the KB 4099989 from Control Panel\Programs and Features\View Installed update. Check the taskbar status.

Then try to boot into clean boot environment, and reinstall the KB 4099989 from Microsoft Update Catalog to check the taskbar status.

Please feedback your test result after those actions.

Bests,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, May 3, 2018 7:32 AM