none
Unhappy with "Out of Box Experience" RRS feed

• Question

• Hyper-V on Windows Server 2019.  Installing Sept 2019 version of Windows 10 from ISO.  Pestered with "Something went wrong."  Codes start with OOBE.   Options TRY AGAIN and SKIP.   This is customer service?   These are diagnostic messages?

MARK D ROCKMAN

Sunday, October 6, 2019 10:50 AM

Answers

• Sorry Mark, I had to edit your title, as it could cause offence.

This isn't really the place for complaints either.

I see your questions as mostly rhetorical.

But if you need some specific assistance, please post again - with less vitriol and more vitals. :)

Thanks,
    Pete

#PEJL
    Got any nice code? If you invest time in coding an elegant, novel or impressive answer on MSDN forums, why not copy it over to TechNet Wiki, for future generations to benefit from! You'll never get archived again, and you could win weekly awards!

Have you got what it takes to become this month's TechNet Technical Guru? Join a long list of well known community big hitters, show your knowledge and prowess in your favoured technologies!

• Marked as answer by F7H2fw Wednesday, October 9, 2019 11:04 AM
    Sunday, October 6, 2019 2:57 PM
  • This is a genuine report of a problem.   I am really tired of excuses from a trillion dollar corporation. 

MARK D ROCKMAN

Sunday, October 6, 2019 5:31 PM
  • What was the title before you changed it?    The only offense I see are collectively the defects in Microsoft's products and services.  I await a  cogent reply.

MARK D ROCKMAN

• Edited by F7H2fw Sunday, October 6, 2019 6:23 PM
    Sunday, October 6, 2019 5:32 PM
  • All software is supposed to be hard to use and annoying.  Right?

MARK D ROCKMAN

Sunday, October 6, 2019 5:37 PM
  • Hyper-V on Windows Server 2019.  Installing Sept 2019 version of Windows 10 from ISO.  Pestered with "Something went wrong."  Codes start with OOBE.   Options TRY AGAIN and SKIP.

You apparently did not understand my report of a product defect.  You are only interested in glowing remarks about Microsoft.  Well, what could one expect from an organization established and managed by Sales and Marketing?   Yep.  You guys are great.   GREAT!

MARK D ROCKMAN

Sunday, October 6, 2019 6:22 PM
  • Here is the implied question:  When does Microsoft intend to commit to admitting this defect exists and further committing to provide a remedy before close of business December 31, 2099?  That's the question.  There is your question.  Yes.  I am extremely frustrated with Microsoft.  My life depends on Microsoft.

MARK D ROCKMAN

Sunday, October 6, 2019 6:27 PM
  • Please feedback your demand and comment in Windows 10 built-in Feedback Hub. Microsoft is happy to make Windows better with users.

regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by F7H2fw Wednesday, October 9, 2019 11:03 AM
    Wednesday, October 9, 2019 7:35 AM

All replies

• Sorry Mark, I had to edit your title, as it could cause offence.

This isn't really the place for complaints either.

I see your questions as mostly rhetorical.

But if you need some specific assistance, please post again - with less vitriol and more vitals. :)

Thanks,
    Pete

#PEJL
    Got any nice code? If you invest time in coding an elegant, novel or impressive answer on MSDN forums, why not copy it over to TechNet Wiki, for future generations to benefit from! You'll never get archived again, and you could win weekly awards!

Have you got what it takes to become this month's TechNet Technical Guru? Join a long list of well known community big hitters, show your knowledge and prowess in your favoured technologies!

Sunday, October 6, 2019 2:57 PM
  • This is a genuine report of a problem.   I am really tired of excuses from a trillion dollar corporation. 

MARK D ROCKMAN

Sunday, October 6, 2019 5:31 PM
  • What was the title before you changed it?    The only offense I see are collectively the defects in Microsoft's products and services.  I await a  cogent reply.

MARK D ROCKMAN

• Edited by F7H2fw Sunday, October 6, 2019 6:23 PM
    Sunday, October 6, 2019 5:32 PM
  • All software is supposed to be hard to use and annoying.  Right?

MARK D ROCKMAN

Sunday, October 6, 2019 5:37 PM
  • Hyper-V on Windows Server 2019.  Installing Sept 2019 version of Windows 10 from ISO.  Pestered with "Something went wrong."  Codes start with OOBE.   Options TRY AGAIN and SKIP.

You apparently did not understand my report of a product defect.  You are only interested in glowing remarks about Microsoft.  Well, what could one expect from an organization established and managed by Sales and Marketing?   Yep.  You guys are great.   GREAT!

MARK D ROCKMAN

Sunday, October 6, 2019 6:22 PM
  • Here is the implied question:  When does Microsoft intend to commit to admitting this defect exists and further committing to provide a remedy before close of business December 31, 2099?  That's the question.  There is your question.  Yes.  I am extremely frustrated with Microsoft.  My life depends on Microsoft.

MARK D ROCKMAN

Sunday, October 6, 2019 6:27 PM
  • Please feedback your demand and comment in Windows 10 built-in Feedback Hub. Microsoft is happy to make Windows better with users.

regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by F7H2fw Wednesday, October 9, 2019 11:03 AM
    Wednesday, October 9, 2019 7:35 AM