none
Not all apps showing in Store

Question

• I freshly installed Win8Pro (MSDN version) on two different devices, a Asus Eee Slate and a HP laptop. I used my Microsoft Account during setup and I can see and install all the apps in the Store (like Tweetro).

Next I added a second Microsoft Account and logged on with that account. Now I only see a small subset of the apps in the Store on both devices. How can I get all the current apps for this second account?

Of course I performed the usual rituals like logging in again, rebooting, etc. :-)

Thursday, August 16, 2012 6:26 PM

Answers

• I had the same problem and got me frustated!

I saw 75 games in the store and with the same (Microsoft)account on a different laptop only 10.

To see all the apps I did the following

1) open the windows store

2) move your mouse to the above right corner and click settings

3) click preferences

4) turn off "make it easier to find apps in my preferred languages" and "make it easier to find apps that include accessibility features"

This solved my problem. After this all apps were showing up.

Kind regards,

Niels Hilhorst

Thursday, August 23, 2012 9:27 AM
  • I see very few if I login as another user I can see lot many apps.. I think it should be something to do with User account.

Vinodh Kumar

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 2:58 AM

All replies

• I'm having the exact same problem. Only the main account can see all the apps. The funny thing is that if an app is visible in the main page and I click it, it brings me to the detail page, but if I entery the category containing that app, it doesn't show up in the list. A good example is the game "Armed".

If anyone finds a solution to this...

Friday, August 17, 2012 1:50 PM
  • Do you only see 100 apps for each category? Sounds like it's been done by design (so you don't have to load thousands of apps at once).

Also you can use the search to find the apps you want, does it shows when using search?

Friday, August 17, 2012 2:10 PM
  • I see very few if I login as another user I can see lot many apps.. I think it should be something to do with User account.

Vinodh Kumar

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 2:58 AM
  • I had the same problem and got me frustated!

I saw 75 games in the store and with the same (Microsoft)account on a different laptop only 10.

To see all the apps I did the following

1) open the windows store

2) move your mouse to the above right corner and click settings

3) click preferences

4) turn off "make it easier to find apps in my preferred languages" and "make it easier to find apps that include accessibility features"

This solved my problem. After this all apps were showing up.

Kind regards,

Niels Hilhorst

Thursday, August 23, 2012 9:27 AM