none
Display driver NVIDIA Windows Kernal Mode Driver, Version 185.93 stopped responding and has successfully recoverd.

Question

• I received this error (see subject line or below) this evening while using Adobe Photoshop CS3 on my Windows 7 (64-bit) system.

Error occurred while attempting to use the slice tool in Photoshop.  The screen froze momentarily (1-2 seconds), the went black (1-2 seconds) and then came back to "normal" but with the error message in the bottom right corner of screen.  If occurred 3-4 times within 2 minutes.  I rebooted Photoshop and it has not occurred since, but I'm extremely worried since my computer is my livelihood and I cannot afford to be without it should it go down on me unexpectedly.

I had a local guy install this video card on my system 2-3 weeks ago: http://www.staples.com/PNY-GeForce-9600-GT-1GB-PCIe-Verto-Graphics-Card/product_784288?cmArea=SEARCH

Not sure if it is the culprit or not.

Here's the error again:

"Display driver NVIDIA Windows Kernal Mode Driver, Version 185.93 stopped responding and has successfully recovered."

Thanks in advance for any assistance that is provided.

Tuesday, April 06, 2010 3:53 AM

Answers

• Hi MisterWinter,

Try this latest driver from NVIDIA (Version 197.13) and see if the issue can be resolved. If the issue persists, uninstall the display card driver from Device Manager and then run Windows Update to check the result.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Linda

• Marked as answer by Linda Yan Tuesday, April 13, 2010 2:06 AM
    Wednesday, April 07, 2010 7:00 AM

All replies

• Hi MisterWinter,

Try this latest driver from NVIDIA (Version 197.13) and see if the issue can be resolved. If the issue persists, uninstall the display card driver from Device Manager and then run Windows Update to check the result.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Linda

• Marked as answer by Linda Yan Tuesday, April 13, 2010 2:06 AM
    Wednesday, April 07, 2010 7:00 AM
  • YOUR REPSONSE WAS FROM  2010. THIS IS   6/23/2012. I AM GETTING  THE SAME ERROR MESSAGE REGARDING  "WINDOWS KERNEL MODE DRIVER 185.93'  IS THERE A NEWER FIX OR A NEWER  DRIVER ?
    Saturday, June 23, 2012 6:17 PM
  •  
    did you check Nvidia's site? you didn't start a new thread that describes your
    problem or which video card or give any information. You replied to a thread
    where the issue happened "I received this error (see subject line or below) this
    evening while using Adobe Photoshop CS3 on my Windows 7 (64-bit) system.

Error occurred while attempting to use the slice tool in Photoshop. "

So what version of Photoshop? What version of Windows?

I suspect the answer is to upgrade your video driver. The link I posted should
    get you started.

On Sat, 23 Jun 2012 18:17:07 +0000, sandy0413 wrote:

>YOUR REPSONSE WAS FROM  2010. THIS IS   6/23/2012. I AM GETTING  THE SAME ERROR MESSAGE REGARDING  "WINDOWS KERNEL MODE DRIVER 185.93'  IS THERE A NEWER FIX OR A NEWER  DRIVER ?

Barb Bowman

http://www.digitalmediaphile.com

Sunday, June 24, 2012 10:49 AM