none
Running a daily task via Windows Task Scheduler with the condition of internet connection

Question

• I want a programm (ahk-script) to run daily at a specific time, under the condition that there is internet access on my notebook - as it needs to open a website. If there is no internet access, run task as soon as it becomes available. Using Windows Task Scheduler, there is no apparent setting for this condition. Maybe there is a way to build a custom event filter/trigger, which checks for internet connection? (maybe with sth like the "INetworkListManager::GetConnectivity" method but I have totally no idea how this works and how this would be integrated into a Task Scheduler custom event filter - me being totally new to Windows related coding).

I couldn't find anything about this on the internet, despite my requirement being quite basic for a scheduled task?

The option "Start only if the following network connection is available: Any connection" in the conditions tab of my task doesn't work. I was offline in airplane mode and the task still triggered. Probably it detects my Hyper-V Network-Adapters "vEthernet" and thus the condition is true. I also don't want to set a specific WiFi Network there, as I could be at home or at uni when the task gets triggered. So far the trigger for my task is the system clock

PS: Did I post this in the right forum?

• Edited by NeoNavras Saturday, May 25, 2019 12:16 AM
    Saturday, May 25, 2019 12:14 AM

All replies

• Please ask questions about scheduled tasks in the correct forum.  This is a scripting forum and not a task scheduler forum.

\_(ツ)_/

Saturday, May 25, 2019 1:50 AM