none
Windows 10 clean install RRS feed

• Question

• I just tried to do a clean install of windows 10 on my desktop without first upgrading.  I am now stuck at a product key screen.  What do I need to do to resolve this?
    Monday, August 3, 2015 5:30 PM

Answers

• Hi,

If you do not have a Windows 10 license, you still need to go back to Windows 7/8 to get it validate, and upgrade to Windows 10. Once Windows 10 is activated, you can do clean install after then.

If you do not have the licence of your previous system, you will need to contact your OEM (if it is an OEM license). 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 6, 2015 5:06 AM

All replies

• You can use default installation keys during the setup process.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/jj612867.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Monday, August 3, 2015 5:40 PM
  • Hi,

If you do not have a Windows 10 license, you still need to go back to Windows 7/8 to get it validate, and upgrade to Windows 10. Once Windows 10 is activated, you can do clean install after then.

If you do not have the licence of your previous system, you will need to contact your OEM (if it is an OEM license). 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 6, 2015 5:06 AM
  • Hi,

Hi! I have purchased a W10 PRO retail license and I want to clean install it. I have now Windows 8 Enterprise and that's why I want to do a clean install. I couldn't access my BIOS by using keys F12, etc...and I learned that I should access from Settings/Change PC settings...the thing is I don't know how to continue to perfoem a clean install. It's the 1st I'll be doing this and I need help with the steps I need to follow.

I have already created a booteable USB with the ISO from W10 and have 2 partitions in my computer, 1 with all my files I want to keep and the other where I want to clean install W10.

I'd appreciate your help in this matter.

Regards,

Andrea

Wednesday, October 21, 2015 10:31 PM