none
Sound Turns off Windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• Hey All, I have been having a strange problem with my PC and it's sound, when I start up my PC it plays the start up tune but then no more sound will come from my speakers at all, I have tried setting my speakers as default, updating my drivers, and trying new speakers and headphones. 

Nothing seems to work, I can see that it is registering sound from the volume control but I am not getting anything, anyone know what this is?

Wednesday, January 1, 2014 2:32 AM

Answers

• Hi,

No sound after startup indicates that sound card or its driver stops working now. To help fix this issue, i recommend you run DXDIAG to check this issue, and then upload report here.

Thanks!

Andy Altmann
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, January 2, 2014 5:21 AM

All replies

• Please provide us with your Event Viewer administrative logs by following these steps:

Click Start Menu
    Type eventvwr into Search programs and files (do not hit enter)
    Right click eventvwr.exe and click Run as administrator
    Expand Custom Views
    Click Administrative Events
    Right click Administrative Events
    Save all Events in Custom View As...
    Save them in a folder where you will remember which folder and save as Errors.evtx
    Go to where you saved Errors.evtx
    Right click Errors.evtx -> send to -> compressed (zipped) folder
    Upload the .zip file to skydrive or a file sharing service and put a link to it in your next post
    If you have updated to win 8.1 and you get the error message "the system cannot find the file specified" it is a known problem.  The work around is to edit the registry.  If you are not comfortable doing this DONT.  If you are backup the key before you do
    Press Win+"R" and input regedit

Navigate to:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WINEVT\Channels. Delete "Microsoft-Windows-DxpTaskRingtone/Analytic"

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

Wednesday, January 1, 2014 5:37 AM
  • Generally Windows installs sound drivers,

1. Devices control panel show successful and unsuccessful drivers, check for sound drivers.

2. If sound drivers are successfully installed, sound service needs start, double click sound icon to see if message for service displays, start sound service if necessary.

3. Windows troubleshooting fix problems, try 'Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Troubleshooting\Hardware and Sound'.

4. Check system requirements for sound card, install all software compatible for hardware and software.

Wednesday, January 1, 2014 9:47 AM
  • Hi,

No sound after startup indicates that sound card or its driver stops working now. To help fix this issue, i recommend you run DXDIAG to check this issue, and then upload report here.

Thanks!

Andy Altmann
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, January 2, 2014 5:21 AM