none
I CANT INSTALL ITUNES ON MY NEW TOSHIBA LAPTOP!!!!

Question

• When i try to install itunes on my laptop after it downloads the first part you have to click run or save and everytime i click run a window pops up frmo windows installer saying

" this installation package could not be opened. verify that the package exists and that you can access it or contact the vendor to verify that this is a valid windows installer package"

PLEASE HELP! ive tried everything i can think of!

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 1:27 PM

Answers

• zcollins19,

Try to redownload the Itunes sources and try agian.

If this doesn't work try to disable the antivirus software and try to install the software agian.

And if you still have no success try to do a clean boot(more info is aviable here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331796). And try then to install the itunes software.

Kind Regards
    DFT

IM me - TWiTTer: @DFTER
    • Marked as answer by Linda Yan Wednesday, June 30, 2010 2:34 AM
    Wednesday, June 23, 2010 2:21 PM
  • What is the result by clicking Save to save the iTunes installation file to the local hard drive and then run it?

If the file still cannot be downloaded, you can download it using third party software such as FlashGet.

Please Note: The third-party product discussed here is manufactured by a company that is independent of Microsoft. We make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this product's performance or reliability.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Thursday, June 24, 2010 6:45 AM

All replies

• zcollins19,

Try to redownload the Itunes sources and try agian.

If this doesn't work try to disable the antivirus software and try to install the software agian.

And if you still have no success try to do a clean boot(more info is aviable here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331796). And try then to install the itunes software.

Kind Regards
    DFT

IM me - TWiTTer: @DFTER
    Wednesday, June 23, 2010 2:21 PM
  • What is the result by clicking Save to save the iTunes installation file to the local hard drive and then run it?

If the file still cannot be downloaded, you can download it using third party software such as FlashGet.

Please Note: The third-party product discussed here is manufactured by a company that is independent of Microsoft. We make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this product's performance or reliability.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Thursday, June 24, 2010 6:45 AM