none
W10 Task Scheduler corrupted

General discussion

• I used the W10 Task Scheduler to schedule 3 daily tasks; all are .bat files in the same directory. That worked fine. After a few weeks, I made one minor change: I changed the start time for one of the tasks. It disappeared from the list and no longer runs. I verified that I can still run it manually. My other 2 tasks are still in the list and are still ok. But all three tasks appear in the command line schtasks. With schtasks I have no difficulty seeing, enabling, disabling, changing, deleting the errant task, etc. But it never appears in the windows list, and it never runs. How can I fix this?

Saturday, January 23, 2016 3:02 PM

All replies

• Have a nosey in (via a admin command prompt) in C:\Windows\System32\Tasks, see if the third task is viable in there.

Have a look in

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Schedule\TaskCache\Tasks

Might need to check each sub key (GUID looking) and the Path to find the one you want. Also check the Tree key.

Got that paths from the 'Top related threads' section on your post (on the left)

• Edited by -Mr Happy- Saturday, January 23, 2016 8:02 PM
    Saturday, January 23, 2016 7:56 PM
  • This tool, Repair Tasks comes highly recommended by many.

https://repairtasks.codeplex.com/

Written by a MSFT staff, it was originally written for fixing corrupted tasks after downgrading from W10. Give it a try.

Ramesh Srinivasan | The Winhelponline Blog

Sunday, January 24, 2016 1:42 PM