none
Hiding Users in Win 7 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    In XP Microsoft has Power Toys that allows me to hide/unhide users. Is there a similar utility for Win 7? I am running Ultimate.
    From what I've seen so far in a net search there have been 2 solutions 1) meddle with the registry WHICH I WILL NOT; Or 2) Go into Computer Management and disable/enable users from there. Which I am not keen on since suppose I want to hide an Administrator account and the other account is a limited user. Won't the limited user restrict me from being able to enable the Administrator account? In fact then if that was possible then the limited user can activate the Administrator account and if they get the password to the Administrator gain access to the PC.
    Anyway, is there a Power Toys or something like it for Win 7 and/or Vista for that matter? Or Computer Management is going to be it for now?
    Saturday, December 12, 2009 3:12 PM

Answers

• Power Toys is disigned for Windows XP, it doesn't work with Windows 7. Based on my knowledge, currently there isn't any similar utility as Power Toys for Windows 7, perhaps it will be realeased in the future. To hide user accounts in Windows 7, I'm afraid to say the solutions you mentioned are worth to try. For more information, please refer to the following site:

Hide User Account In Windows 7

Best Regards
    Dale
    Tuesday, December 15, 2009 9:15 AM

All replies

• Power Toys is disigned for Windows XP, it doesn't work with Windows 7. Based on my knowledge, currently there isn't any similar utility as Power Toys for Windows 7, perhaps it will be realeased in the future. To hide user accounts in Windows 7, I'm afraid to say the solutions you mentioned are worth to try. For more information, please refer to the following site:

Hide User Account In Windows 7

Best Regards
    Dale
    Tuesday, December 15, 2009 9:15 AM
  • OK, thanks very much. I am however, leery to fiddle aorund with the registry since I'll need to unhide the user I want to hide. So I am going to have to wait for something a little more streamlined. Thanks again!
    Monday, December 21, 2009 6:16 AM