none
Windows 10 Cumulative update patch, August 2019 patch causes black screen RRS feed

• Question

• I Have a machine Windows 10 build 1809. Recently we have perform an update on the machine, and upon downloading the CU (kb4511553) users encounter black screen after booting up the Computer. That happen on a non-local admin machine. But when I install on a local admin machine, it did not occur any black screen after installing and  booting up the machine. 

We are also using Symantec Endpoint protection as our Anti Virus. Any idea we could go about on this? Is there any resolution as to how we can resolve this issue?
    Wednesday, August 21, 2019 10:03 AM

All replies

• Hi,

It could be a known issue in KB4511553: 

Best regards,

Yilia 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 22, 2019 2:03 AM
  • I Have a machine Windows 10 build 1809. Recently we have perform an update on the machine, and upon downloading the CU (kb4511553) users encounter black screen after booting up the Computer. That happen on a non-local admin machine. But when I install on a local admin machine, it did not occur any black screen after installing and  booting up the machine. 

We are also using Symantec Endpoint protection as our Anti Virus. Any idea we could go about on this? Is there any resolution as to how we can resolve this issue?
    I am having a similar issue with two Dell laptops, both running Windows 10 v 1903, and both having installed the KB4512508 update on Tuesday/Wednesday.  After restarting, both laptops stay stuck on the glassy log-in screen.  On the one laptop with a password, you can see the lock screen and time, but when you click to log-in, it sits and spins on the glassy screen before eventually returning to the lock screen.  On both laptops, you can connect to wifi via the Network icon , but if you attempt to enter recovery mode by clicking the power button, holding down Shift and clicking Restart, it says "Please Wait" before restarting and never entering recovery mode.  Any assistance would be appreciated!  Thanks and God bless!
    Saturday, August 24, 2019 9:26 PM
  • Hi,

Is there anything I can do for you?

If you have any problems or concerns, please feel free to post here. 

Best regards,

Yilia

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, August 27, 2019 1:44 AM