none
Service Host: Local System (Restricted Network) (13)

Question

• I have Win 10 in two laptops and I am having a huge problem with Service Host: Local System (Restricted Network) (13) on my HP Elitebook 8560W (16GB Ram - I7-2860QM - 470GB HDD - 670GB SDD).  The ASUS ZenBook (I53317U - 4GB Ram 250GB SDD) is running Win10 without a problem.  I generally have the same set up on both laoptops.

At random intervals I see a Process named "Service Host: Local System (Restricted Network) (13)" pop up and gradually fill up all the RAM which trashes the computer, forcing it to send me warnings that I need to close down programs to free up RAM and/or making the mouse and keyboard unresponsive.  I've been researching the problem for the last two days.  I've disabled SuperFetch; Disabled NDU; updated the network drivers; Uninstalled Google and Google Drive; Turned off Norton 360 Backup; Uninstalled a number of other programs including Mediafire and Dropbox Cloud Services; Turned off Hibernate; Run System file check (SFC) to Scan and Repair System Files which said I had no corrupted system files; and tried just about everything else I could find on various discussion threads.

I've seen a number of threads about the issue of "Service Host: Local System (Restricted Network)".

Attached is a jpg that shows which services were running as part of "Service Host: Local System (Restricted Network).  Even though it only shows 78% memory, I was monitoring the Task manager and did the screen capture while it was on the way up to 99% or higher.

Anyone else have this problem or have a solution to keep it from killing my machine?

Wednesday, September 16, 2015 9:48 PM

Answers

• In order to diagnose your problem we need to run Windows performance toolkit the instructions for which can be found in this wiki

If you have any questions feel free to ask

Please run the trace when you are experiencing the problem

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

Thursday, September 17, 2015 1:01 AM
  • Hi DPoulos,

To troubleshoot whether this issue is caused by the third party service, we could perform a clean boot to have a check.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

To analyze this issue deeply, we could refer to ZigZag`s suggestion to capture the tracing log.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, September 17, 2015 7:45 AM

All replies

• In order to diagnose your problem we need to run Windows performance toolkit the instructions for which can be found in this wiki

If you have any questions feel free to ask

Please run the trace when you are experiencing the problem

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

Thursday, September 17, 2015 1:01 AM
  • Hi DPoulos,

To troubleshoot whether this issue is caused by the third party service, we could perform a clean boot to have a check.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

To analyze this issue deeply, we could refer to ZigZag`s suggestion to capture the tracing log.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, September 17, 2015 7:45 AM
  • So after a clean boot, what's next? it's not a third party issue because after the clean boot the process is running and my cpu is still very slow. i personally have tried running sfc/scannow and disabled the "superfetch" service neither have worked.
    Tuesday, April 11, 2017 4:10 PM