none
Preselect User to logon

Question

• I have small question.

I have a Windows 8.1 with 2 local user accounts ("Admin" and "User"). I would like to have the User account preselected to logon at every boot.

Is that possible?

Thanks.

Thursday, February 18, 2016 9:42 AM

Answers

• Hi GeoffreyBeulque,
    Based on your situation, did you want to set automatic logon or enable show last logon user name?

If you are trying to display your last logon user name, we could configure it in Group Policy. Try to disable” interactive logon: do not display last name” in Group Policy.
    (Group policy Path: Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies\Security Options interactive logon: do not display last name)

If you are trying to set automatic logon, according to my test, we could follow the steps mentioned below to implement it.
    1.Type “Run” in the start search box,then type “control userpasswords2” in run box.
    2.A dialog box for User Account will pop up. Check the box “User must enter a Username and password to enter this account”.
    3.Click on the user account name, that you want to preselected to log on at startup. If the user account does not have a password, you may need to uncheck the box “User must enter a Username and password to enter this account”.
    4.Apply and restart to have a test.

Best regards.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 19, 2016 9:43 AM