none
Remote Desktop Services Printing RRS feed

• Question

• I have a group of users that are accessing a cloud based Remote Desktop server via a site to site VPN.  The printers for each site have been installed on the server.  I have a user that from time to time will have printers disappear from her being able to print to.  Later, these printers may return.  I have check event logs on both the server and workstation and there is nothing that I can find there. 

I'm stumped on where to look next.  Any ideas? 

Thursday, May 21, 2020 8:03 PM

All replies

• HI

0.can you enter winver in command prompt on this issue user's win10 computer and all your rdsession host server then look the os version and os version number ?[for example windows 10  enterprise 1809 (os build 17763.316)]

1.what's the issue user's printer model ? did other remote desktop end users also use the same printers as this issue user.

2 which method do your rdsession host servers connect to printers ?(by using usb cable ,by using wired/wireless  network ,by using shared printer server )

3."I have a user that from time to time will have printers disappear from her being able to print to. "
    i think when the problem happen ,we can restart "print spooler"service like picture on RDsession host server.

4.what about "Microsoft print to PDF"printer of this issue user ?

will "Microsoft print to PDF" redirect printer of this issue user also disappear when the issue user's third party printer disappear ?

5.we need to enable below log ,when the problem happened ,are there any event log in below location on this session host server?
    event viewer\windows logs\
    application
    security
    system
    event viewer\windows logs\applications and services logs\microsoft\windows\printservice
    admin enable it
    operational enable it
    event viewer\windows logs\applications and services logs\microsoft\windows\termininalservice-printers
    admin enable it
    operational enable it
    6.we can use below link method to verify your technet forum account so that you can post picture and website link. Please make sure that the pictures you post do not contain your company and your private information (including but not limited to domain name, public IP, email account, domain account, etc.). These private information must be altered.
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5c00b9a9-3afe-4ee9-bbf0-34157716b92a/verify-my-account?forum=reportabug

Best Regards
    Andy YOU
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 22, 2020 2:12 AM
  • HI
    Is there any progress on your question?

Best Regards
    Andy YOU
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 25, 2020 1:38 AM
  • HI
    Is there anything to help you?

Best Regards
    Andy YOU

Sunday, May 31, 2020 7:37 AM