none
Windows 10 Enterprise E5 Activation RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

Is it possible to activate a non digital licensed Windows 10 Pro or Enterprise, just with an E5 subscription? By joining to AzureAD.

Or is it required to already have a digital license of Windows 10 Pro or Enterprise.

Also, if I disable the E5 Enterprise subscription, does the digital license come back?

Thanks,

Granit.

Monday, September 16, 2019 12:29 PM

All replies

• Hi Granit,

The first question:

Is it possible to activate a non digital licensed Windows 10 Pro or Enterprise, just with an E5 subscription?

No, we can’t activate Pro or Enterprise directly via Enterprise E5,  Subscription Activation need to be used on the activated devices.

The second question:

disable the E5 Enterprise subscription, does the digital license come back?

Yes, despite E5 Enterprise subscription expired or canceled, your license still persist. If a Pro device had been upgraded to Enterprise via E5, then E5 disabled or expired, this device will go back Pro but still activated.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 2:00 AM
  • Thanks Teemo. 

What if we activate a computer with a Win 10 Pro license, then add the E5 to upgrade, and after that we remove the Win 10 Pro license to continue with the activation in other computers. Would that work???

I am trying to find a way to not use two of my licenses in one device (both permanent Win 10 Pro and Win 10 E5 subscription). 

Thanks, 

Besjan

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 11:48 AM
  • No, don't do that. We must have an activated Pro system, it is the prerequisite for all things.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, September 26, 2019 9:51 AM