none
Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor and Intel Management Engine Interface driver

Question

• When I ran the Win 7 upgrade advisor, under the Intel Management Engine Interface,  it says "The driver installed for this device is not compatible with Windows 7".  I have a Gateway GT5628, Quad 4, running Windows Vista 32bit.  I want to upgrade to Win 7.  Can anyone assist me on what needs to be done and if this driver will cause any problems in Win 7.  Please reply to me at:  cchan@cinci.rr.com

Thanks
    Thursday, October 22, 2009 1:44 AM

Answers

• Hi,

You need a motherboard driver update.

You can try downloading from here.

If the issue persists, I suggest contacting Gateway support to check if any Windows 7 driver update is available.

Hope it helps.

Vivian Xing - MSFT
    Friday, October 23, 2009 8:15 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You need a motherboard driver update.

You can try downloading from here.

If the issue persists, I suggest contacting Gateway support to check if any Windows 7 driver update is available.

Hope it helps.

Vivian Xing - MSFT
    Friday, October 23, 2009 8:15 AM
  • i have the same problem.  i unstalled latest friver from Gateway,  but it didn't help.

what happens if i install windows 7 anyway,  even though it says that "intel management engine interface" is not compatible with windows 7?
    Wednesday, December 09, 2009 3:59 AM
  • Hi,

Try to upgrade to and wait till it displays the incompatible device driver. Just click the next button to continue. There have been drivers and softwares which were reported to have compatibility and uninstalling will not help. However, by clicking next or continue, Windows 7 should still do the upgrade process.
    Wednesday, December 09, 2009 4:58 AM
  • I'm having the EXACT same issue..... gateway computer with the IDENTICAL Motherboard.... did it work??? don't know whether to try it or not

Thanx!!

John

John@JohnsGroovyWebsite.com

Thursday, December 24, 2009 6:36 AM
  • Hi,

Try to upgrade to and wait till it displays the incompatible device driver. Just click the next button to continue. There have been drivers and softwares which were reported to have compatibility and uninstalling will not help. However, by clicking next or continue, Windows 7 should still do the upgrade process.

I have the same problem. I went to Gateway to check for a new driver but it says I'm up to date. I have to do a custom install of Windows 7. Will I get a next or continue with the custom install?

Thanks.
    • Proposed as answer by Big_Daddy_69 Sunday, January 31, 2010 4:16 AM
    Friday, December 25, 2009 9:23 PM
  • I had the same problem, I have a custom built computer usint an Intel DP965LT motherboard. Intel is not going to make drivers for this discontinued board to support Windows 7. I downloaded some HP drivers at http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=12454&prodSeriesId=3784892&prodNameId=3785037&swEnvOID=4053&swLang=13&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=vc-76868-1 . It would not install if I ran the setup, so I just extracted it using UniExtract.

Then I fixed it by doing the following.
    1. Update Driver
    2. Browse My Computer For Driver Software
    3. Let Me Pick from A List.....
    4. Select All Drivers
    5 Click on Have Disk and browse to location where files where extracted. ex: c:\swsetup\sp45813\MEI\
    6. Click OK

My exclamation point was removed and everything seems to work.

I have also read you can install the Vista 64 drivers in Compatability Mode.
    • Proposed as answer by Big_Daddy_69 Sunday, January 31, 2010 4:29 AM
    • Edited by Big_Daddy_69 Sunday, January 31, 2010 4:36 AM Added info on Compatibility Mode
    Sunday, January 31, 2010 4:29 AM
  • go to this link and select your motheboard

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-008326.htm

then download Intel desktop utilities

install it^^

hope it work for everyone^^
    gl^^
    Monday, February 01, 2010 2:12 AM
  • Thanks Big_Daddy_69 - Worked for me. Running Windows Embedded 2011 (7) - should work for std win 7
    Sunday, April 04, 2010 11:06 AM
  • Thanks Big_Daddy_69 - Worked for me. Running Windows Embedded 2011 (7) - should work for std win 7

Glad to hear that, my system is still running fine. Ran Prime 95 64 bit version for 19.5 hours recently for with no problems.
    Wednesday, April 07, 2010 11:29 PM
  • yo

u be fine just read instructions and you be fine.
    it tells you what to any how and no it wont affect what you because you will need it for windows 8 any how thx ta neo,

Thursday, March 22, 2012 11:23 PM