none
Keyboard problem, only i outputs. Also on-screen keyboard. Login impossible. RRS feed

• Question

• After last update in Windows 10, HP Pavilion desktop: impossible to log in.

Login box only registers letter i, when typed either from usb-keyboard or onscreen keyboard.

Other working buttons are return and enter.

When audio helper is turned on, every key registers correctly in both keyboards. I press a it says "a". It only doesn't advance login query, except letter i. So hardware is OK, and keyboard mapping is OK, but only letter i goes all the way to query.

What should I do?

Sunday, October 2, 2016 4:16 PM

Answers

All replies

• Now I managed to somehow get onscreen keyboard working in login screen.

I restored previous version, but problem remains, and I now can't open onscreen keyboard anymore.

Browser behaved as if keyboard has ctrl pressed all the time, but can't check it anymore.

In login screen, power off button doesn't work. So it seems to behave more or less strangely.

Any advice?

• Edited by _OT_ Sunday, October 2, 2016 5:28 PM
    Sunday, October 2, 2016 5:27 PM
  • Hi,

At this point, please start into WinRE and try the startup repair to see if it can fix your issue:

http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/27649-startup-repair-run-windows-10-a.html

Please Note: Since the websites are not hosted by Microsoft, the links may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

If this issue still persists, we need to enter WinRE and choose Command prompt to run system file checker to repair corrupted system files:

SFC /SCANNOW

Further, if this issue still persists, the most efficient way to fix this issue without losing thing could be in-place upgrade:

http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/16397-repair-install-windows-10-place-upgrade.html

Please Note: Since the websites are not hosted by Microsoft, the links may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 6, 2016 3:12 PM
    Owner